• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4 Star DT Nash Hutmacher Is N (Top 247)

I would argue that track and field is a little better than wrestling. Here is the start there is the finish, no refs either you win or you lose. That being said I love wrestling as well and your point is valid. I don't go to college wrestling but I do go to High School, I have yet to hear a parent blame a ref, does it happen sure, but I haven't heard it.
i’ve seen it more then i’d care to especially in youth wrestling. i’ve also seen an entire club not get invited back to tournaments due to parent and coaching behavior

i’ve seen it more then i’d care to especially in youth wrestling. i’ve also seen an entire club not get invited back to tournaments due to parent and coaching behavior
Yeah we kicked a really good team out of our league for the same reason. The coach was a... well I would get vacation for my thoughts. Good at teaching wrestling but a terrible example for the kids and all of his coaches were the same. As were a lot of the parents.

Yeah we kicked a really good team out of our league for the same reason. The coach was a... well I would get vacation for my thoughts. Good at teaching wrestling but a terrible example for the kids and all of his coaches were the same. As were a lot of the parents.

It's awesome to see a parent or coach hyped up into what their kid/pupil is doing, but, as you said, there's a lot of coaches that take it way to far with their behavior. I remember an opposing coach throwing more than one fit about an entirely legal single-arm bar I was thrashing a kid with. By the third period I was so tired of it, I finally threw him in a guillotine and let him suffer the last minute or so of the match. Hopefully the kid told his coach to keep his yapper shut afterwards. :nod:

Tough 5-3 loss for Nash in the semifinals. Now in the consolation semi’s and needs a win to get into the 3rd place match

A question for the knowledgeable forum participants: Nash is very young, the 17-18 year range. From what I surmise he's been seriously lifting weights for a number of years. How much upside does he have once he arrives on campus and is completely focused on football and weights? Is he 25%, 40%, 50%, etc. away from his ceiling in weight training AND from his ceiling in football performance ?

A question for the knowledgeable forum participants: Nash is very young, the 17-18 year range. From what I surmise he's been seriously lifting weights for a number of years. How much upside does he have once he arrives on campus and is completely focused on football and weights? Is he 25%, 40%, 50%, etc. away from his ceiling in weight training AND from his ceiling in football performance ?

That is a good question, will be interesting to hear the response. I have been on a kick for several years watching kids not cross train and rest, I hope when he gets here he tears it up in a good way and isn't always watching from the sidelines, injured. I would love to see this kid be the next great thing, good luck to him.

I,m your huckleberry. He may be closer to his weight lifting peak. However, when it comes to specific to football he probably has a long way to go. I am sure he is coached by fine coaches up in SD but the level of competition I probably not the same. So the coaches will be able to teach him a few things I am sure.

Every individual is different, but he's not anywhere close to his maximum potential if his body follows typical 'muscle maturity' timelines. There is no way to tell how close he actually is to his 'ceiling' except in retrospect when he's done. Looking at video of the kid, I suspect he'll just continue to improve and mature physically from a strength standpoint. That absolutely does not translate 1 to 1 with football, but he's already got some things to work with there. I'm really excited to see how this young man develops.

Thanks CH. I doubt if there are many 17-18 year old kids that are physically mature. Thus, I hope there is notable room for guided improvement and growth. Duval isn't starting with a novice so the changes could be very enjoyable to watch on the field.

Nash is super strong but is still rather raw as a football player. He has a high ceiling and is still rather untapped

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back