• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4 Star DT Nash Hutmacher Is N (Top 247)

Hail Varsity caught up with the Huskers’ latest commit right after he made his announcement and asked what led to him picking Nebraska over Wisconsin and Oregon.

“The coaches, the people, the players they all have the mindset I’m looking for, Hutmacher explained. “Coach Frost, Chins [defensive coordinator Erik Chinander], Coach T [defensive line coach Tony Tuioti], all those guys really care about the players. That’s big for me. I want to be set up for life after football and they will do everything they can to make sure that happens. The people, the players, the mindset, everything that’s happening down there is what I’m looking for.”

Hutmacher has been recruited by Nebraska dating back to the previous staff, though he had built a close relationship with former defensive line coach Mike Dawson. When Tuioti took over, Hutmacher wondered if he would have the same relationship with Nebraska’s new coach.

“I don’t want to say I was worried,” Hutmacher said. “I knew they’d get a good coach in there but after Coach Dawson left and I talked to Coach T, even the first conversations I had with him, I really liked him on the phone. Getting down there on my visit and talking with him and all that, I really do like him. I like his attitude and how he coaches. I think he’s a great replacement for Coach Dawson and I’m looking forward to him being my coach.”

The South Dakota native is close to his family and they would have preferred to be able to attend his college games if possible. Hutmacher explained that his parents were supportive and said wherever he went they’d be big fans and wanted him to do what’s best for him. They never told him to pick the Huskers but deep down he thought Nebraska is where they wanted him to go.

Can't empathize gets like this enough. A local kid, stud, on a line. Like Wiscy gets their big boys locally we can do much of the same. And I love wrestlers!

Big loss for Wisconsin. They were used to getting kids like this now we are going to go toe to toe with them and win our fair share if not more. No disrespect to Reed but if we could only have one of them I would take Nash anyday of the week and twice on Sunday over him.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back