• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4 Star DT Nash Hutmacher Is N (Top 247)

He's ridiculously explosive for a big man. He is really raw as a football player though and hasn't faced good offensive line play yet.
I completely agree. When you see a 300 lb kid (he still has baby fat on his face, etc.) jumping on those boxes, that is the epitome of "explosiveness," and that will serve him well at a NG. Also, he only ever saw a couple O-linemen who will play in college (NAIA level), so he mostly had to deal with double- and triple-teams from much, much smaller opponents, which just isn't the same. It also sets him back as a NG that he was spending at least half of his practice time working as an OT. Just looking at the drills he was doing, that's jr. high stuff even at a small school. I question how much individual coaching he got as a D-lineman for what should be basic things, such as striking with his hands, reading blocks, etc.

I don't expect him to play much this fall. I think he'll see the field for a few games, but it will be mop-up play, and he'll still redshirt.

Going forward what really intrigues me is what Duval can do with his body and his explosiveness. If he can be 340 lb and even more explosive than he is right now, I don't know that it makes a lot of sense to have him just be a 2-gap NG when he could attack a gap and be a disruptive force in the backfield. It'll be fun to watch him develop.

I completely agree. When you see a 300 lb kid (he still has baby fat on his face, etc.) jumping on those boxes, that is the epitome of "explosiveness," and that will serve him well at a NG. Also, he only ever saw a couple O-linemen who will play in college (NAIA level), so he mostly had to deal with double- and triple-teams from much, much smaller opponents, which just isn't the same. It also sets him back as a NG that he was spending at least half of his practice time working as an OT. Just looking at the drills he was doing, that's jr. high stuff even at a small school. I question how much individual coaching he got as a D-lineman for what should be basic things, such as striking with his hands, reading blocks, etc.

I don't expect him to play much this fall. I think he'll see the field for a few games, but it will be mop-up play, and he'll still redshirt.

Going forward what really intrigues me is what Duval can do with his body and his explosiveness. If he can be 340 lb and even more explosive than he is right now, I don't know that it makes a lot of sense to have him just be a 2-gap NG when he could attack a gap and be a disruptive force in the backfield. It'll be fun to watch him develop.

I still say he is the most important recruit in this class. For our 3-4 to work, we need that prototypical space eater and this kid should be the Hungry Hippo we need by next year.

Definitely agree on his importance to this defense moving forward. But I could definitely see Nash sliding down and playing 3-technique especially if we have other reinforcements at the nose. He could turn out to be a swiss army knife for Chins.

I come to this website for information, a little humor, knowledge about the program, etc. I DO NOT come here to see the trash N2FL posted at 2:45PM.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back