• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4 Star DT Nash Hutmacher Is N (Top 247)

Dude is going to be a beast on DL

We can only hope that the skills he has developed on the wrestling mat will aid him on the football field...maybe he can incorporated some of the moves in football. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
if we just get 4 games from him next year, I'll be fine with that. I'm OK going in with Daniels and Robinson as the two primary NT's. I'd like to see us go with Green or Stille on passing downs, though.

:thumbsup::Woohoo2:
"Hutmacher is a three-sport standout for Chamberlain (S.D.) High School. In addition to being a three-time all-state football player, Hutmacher was also a four-time state champion wrestler and two-time state champion in track and field throwing the shot put and discus. Hutmacher, who has twice been named South Dakota Sportswriters Male Athlete of the Year, had a tough decision to make between football and wrestling in college. He’s an Olympic-caliber wrestling prospect who is recognized as the top overall high school heavyweight wrestler in the country regardless of age. He’ll hang up his singlet when he gets to Lincoln, however, and concentrate on football full-time.

At 6-foot-5 and 300-pounds, Hutmacher has great size and is one of the strongest players in the entire 2020 class. The ‘Polar Bear’ started lifting religiously in middle school under the tutelage of his father, Joe, who is a former competitive power lifter. Hutmacher can bench press 420 pounds, squat 610 and deadlift 600. Last summer, he Tweeted videos of himself doing sets of 10 at 425 on the squat, sets of five at 470 on the deadlift, sets of five at 225 pounds on standing shoulder press and 34-inch box jumps with 100-pounds in his hands.

Hutmacher is explosive off the line and runs very well for a 300-pounder. He also plays with a high motor and regularly chases plays down the field. He was routinely double and triple teamed during his entire high school career but still finished with nearly 300 total tackles. Hutmacher has the potential to be an absolute monster in the middle of the defense. When he gets to Nebraska and concentrates solely on football, the sky is truly the limit. He’ll be able to take the things that he learned from wrestling – leverage, hand use, balance, agility, toughness – and utilize them on the football field. Hutmacher has a tremendous work ethic and is a fierce competitor. He’s the kind of kid you want in your program. He’ll help set the standard and promote the culture Frost wants to create."

Last edited:

:thumbsup::Woohoo2:
"Hutmacher is a three-sport standout for Chamberlain (S.D.) High School. In addition to being a three-time all-state football player, Hutmacher was also a three-time state champion wrestler and two-time state champion in track and field throwing the shot put and discus. Hutmacher, who has twice been named South Dakota Sportswriters Male Athlete of the Year, had a tough decision to make between football and wrestling in college. He’s an Olympic-caliber wrestling prospect who is recognized as the top overall high school heavyweight wrestler in the country regardless of age. He’ll hang up his singlet when he gets to Lincoln, however, and concentrate on football full-time.

At 6-foot-5 and 300-pounds, Hutmacher has great size and is one of the strongest players in the entire 2020 class. The ‘Polar Bear’ started lifting religiously in middle school under the tutelage of his father, Joe, who is a former competitive power lifter. Hutmacher can bench press 420 pounds, squat 610 and deadlift 600. Last summer, he Tweeted videos of himself doing sets of 10 at 425 on the squat, sets of five at 470 on the deadlift, sets of five at 225 pounds on standing shoulder press and 34-inch box jumps with 100-pounds in his hands.

Hutmacher is explosive off the line and runs very well for a 300-pounder. He also plays with a high motor and regularly chases plays down the field. He was routinely double and triple teamed during his entire high school career but still finished with nearly 300 total tackles. Hutmacher has the potential to be an absolute monster in the middle of the defense. When he gets to Nebraska and concentrates solely on football, the sky is truly the limit. He’ll be able to take the things that he learned from wrestling – leverage, hand use, balance, agility, toughness – and utilize them on the football field. Hutmacher has a tremendous work ethic and is a fierce competitor. He’s the kind of kid you want in your program. He’ll help set the standard and promote the culture Frost wants to create."
Hutmacher may be the recruit I'm most excited about in this class. If he lives up to his potential, he could be a piece we can build a truly dominant defense around. He has the potential to elevate everyone around him. It's amazing how much easier everything becomes on defense when you have a monster destroying the middle on every play and demanding double teams.

Last edited:
Hutmacher may be the recruit I'm most excited about in this class. If he lives up to his potential, he could be a piece we can build a truly dominant defense around. He has the potential to elevate everyone around him. It's amazing how much easier everything becomes on defense when you have a monster destroying the middle on every play and demanding double teams.

Easily the #1 guy in this class to me as it concerns roster need. Without that space-eating, block-eating NT anchor, the 3-4 is futile.

Maybe. He's ridiculously explosive for a big man. He is really raw as a football player though and hasn't faced good offensive line play yet.
I get that and I understand the thought process there. However, having been in wrestling as long as I have at varying levels. You do not get to be as good as he is without being a heavily dedicated athlete. Literally everything you learn in wrestling converts pretty easily to being a DT. Also he was not just a good wrestler in SD. He won multiple national tournaments. He won them fairly easily. Especially if you watch him in Greco Roman you can see direct correlation to controlling an OL. This guy is a phenomenal athlete. Add to that he has lifted with his dad who was a nationally ranked power lifter and he is already ahead of the curve strength wise for a HS senior.

I get that and I understand the thought process there. However, having been in wrestling as long as I have at varying levels. You do not get to be as good as he is without being a heavily dedicated athlete. Literally everything you learn in wrestling converts pretty easily to being a DT. Also he was not just a good wrestler in SD. He won multiple national tournaments. He won them fairly easily. Especially if you watch him in Greco Roman you can see direct correlation to controlling an OL. This guy is a phenomenal athlete. Add to that he has lifted with his dad who was a nationally ranked power lifter and he is already ahead of the curve strength wise for a HS senior.

Thom, I've been following this kid's wrestling career for a few years now and have known his dad since Nash was in potty training. I'm well aware of the caliber of athlete he is and the stock he comes from.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back