• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4* RB Dontavius Braswell Commits To South Carolina

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
We seem to be sitting in the pole position for his commit.

He said two weeks ago we were Top of his list

South Carolina was thought to be the main competition however, did not make his Final Four

Final Four is Nebraska, Alabama, Oregon and Boston College

Oregon seems kind of odd as he has not visited

He is visiting BC this weekend

This is the last weekend to take visits until 24 July due to the Dead Period to boot

Alabama has two or three higher rated RBs they are in on so it seems odd to be in his Final Four

Has not made an OV there either

Other visits have been to Louisville and South Carolina

Last edited:

Alabama has two or three higher rated RBs they are in on so it seems odd to be in his Final Four

Has not made an OV there either
To the former comment, if I had an offer from Alabama they'd make my final four. The young man may realize where he truly stands in their pecking order, but a committable offer (as some of you recruiting aficionados like to call it) from arguably the top College Football program over the past decade is a significant point of pride for a HS football player.

As to the latter, that may be the best news for Nebraska.

Looks to be a very good RB with some nice size and speed, hope Applewhite is able to get him onboard.

To the former comment, if I had an offer from Alabama they'd make my final four. The young man may realize where he truly stands in their pecking order, but a committable offer (as some of you recruiting aficionados like to call it) from arguably the top College Football program over the past decade is a significant point of pride for a HS football player.

As to the latter, that may be the best news for Nebraska.

Looks to be a very good RB with some nice size and speed, hope Applewhite is able to get him onboard.

Our crowded RB room could be a deterrent too

Will be Intresting

Our crowded RB room could be a deterrent too

Will be Intresting
True. However, BC has a commitment from a RB that is ranked 3 positions higher than him, fwiw, at #17. So probably not very likely BC, not likely Alabama which leaves Nebraska and Oregon. Oregon has a commitment form a RB that is 9 positions lower than Dontavius, at #29. So BC and Oregon have highly ranked RB's committed, Alabama will take a higher RB "probably" later on, and Nebraska has a "stacked" RB room, though it has to be evident by the last 3 years that no one (maybe besides Rahmir somewhat) has grabbed the reins and run with it. Hmmmmmm

To add, all the RB rankings I listed are according to 247: https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Football/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&Position=RB

The 247 "Composite" has him ranked higher, #15, the Oregon RB 1 position higher than him, #14, but the BC RB way lower, at #35: https://247sports.com/Season/2023-F...ings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&Position=RB

The links are free content.

True. However, BC has a commitment from a RB that is ranked 3 positions higher than him, fwiw, at #17. So probably not very likely BC, not likely Alabama which leaves Nebraska and Oregon. Oregon has a commitment form a RB that is 9 positions lower than Dontavius, at #29. So BC and Oregon have highly ranked RB's committed, Alabama will take a higher RB "probably" later on, and Nebraska has a "stacked" RB room, though it has to be evident by the last 3 years that no one (maybe besides Rahmir somewhat) has grabbed the reins and run with it. Hmmmmmm

To add, all the RB rankings I listed are according to 247: https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Football/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&Position=RB

The 247 "Composite" has him ranked higher, #15, the Oregon RB 1 position higher than him, #14, but the BC RB way lower, at #35: https://247sports.com/Season/2023-F...ings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&Position=RB

The links are free content.

I still think we will land him but the crowded RB room could be an issue

Not visiting Oregon favors us

I would be very glad if he picks us

A real talent

Based on the video, it obviously helps to be the fastest guy on the field and simply outrun everybody :cool: The kid has some serious wheels and looks like he knows how to find the crease and hit it, which is a huge plus. The reverse field stuff won't happen at the next level, or else he'll be riding the bench. Even TO got into Rosier's ear after his famous reverse field TD :heisman:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back