• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4 in-state targets to keep tabs on for Nebraska in 2021 class

It really does. For the most part Nebraska kids still feel that way, Prochazka is yet another example. But these kid for the 2021 class haven't seen Nebraska win a single football championship since they've been alive. Not a conference title and certainly not anywhere close to national prominence. They get told how great it once was.

We gotta start winning... honestly, if Tommy Armstrong doesn't have an All-Conference year in 2016, we are dangerously close to having 5 years in a row of sub .500 seasons. We haven't been good or even played for a title since these kids were in elementary school.

Really? All I heard at the time was how bad TA was and how he should have been replaced. I guess some things remain constant in the world of NU football. (and i agree with you)

Back to the subject, hopefully the strong early showing, plus the fact many of these commits and targets are within the radius will help to build a strong kinship among the players that can influence the other local kids, and also be helpful in getting players in FL or other parts of the southeast into this class.

Last edited:

I think we have a punchers chance, but he's currently more enamored with his big boy offers than Nebraska's. This again is another time where we finally have the location advantage, we can capitalize better than any team besides Iowa Western.

You gotta root for him to just look 'okay' when he goes to Ohio State and LSU's camps. I'm not sure about his Buckeye offer, but his LSU offer isn't committable until he comes to camp and they see him in person. He blows up there, he'll be a personal target of Orgeron's.

You gotta root for him to just look 'okay' when he goes to Ohio State and LSU's camps. I'm not sure about his Buckeye offer, but his LSU offer isn't committable until he comes to camp and they see him in person. He blows up there, he'll be a personal target of Orgeron's.
That is scary since I am not sure there is a better recruiter than Orgeron.

It really does. For the most part Nebraska kids still feel that way, Prochazka is yet another example. But these kid for the 2021 class haven't seen Nebraska win a single football championship since they've been alive. Not a conference title and certainly not anywhere close to national prominence. They get told how great it once was.

We gotta start winning... honestly, if Tommy Armstrong doesn't have an All-Conference year in 2016, we are dangerously close to having 5 years in a row of sub .500 seasons. We haven't been good or even played for a title since these kids were in elementary school.

Good points, and the kids from Nebraska get more exposure than ever before, tons are going to camps and getting out there and other colleges have recruited here enough to make inroads.

Winning will help a lot with all of this though!

If he runs in the 4.3s again it's all over though.

We seem to be recruiting and developing DB's pretty well right now. So while it will be a bad thing if Dickerson goes elsewhere, it shouldn't be catastrophic because we are pretty strong at that position.
Ohio St. and LSU are also pretty strong at DB (and pretty much every other position). We need him more than they do!

It's never good to lose a 4* instate kid. It's even worse if he ends up somewhere else in the BIG 10.

While not instate, Thomas Fidone is just a few miles from the border and 60 miles from campus. He was named the top TE at the 2020 national combine. Competition for this kid is gonna be fierce as he just picked up another offer yesterday.

Last edited:
i think winning 7-8 games goes along ways to keeping dickerson here, but another year without a bowl would hurt bigtime. But the same could be said for most other recruits too. This year is that important.

That is scary since I am not sure there is a better recruiter than Orgeron.

I know Orgeron is recognized as a good recruiter. My question is what makes him (or any coach) a good recruiter? I guess it boils down to how a coach connects to a kid. Are there things a coach says or does that makes them more affective at recruiting?

I know Orgeron is recognized as a good recruiter. My question is what makes him (or any coach) a good recruiter? I guess it boils down to how a coach connects to a kid. Are there things a coach says or does that makes them more affective at recruiting?
Someone who relates well with teenagers, has his (and their) priorities straight, and who is trustworthy, honest, fun, and charismatic.

While not instate, Thomas Fidone is just a few miles from the border and 60 miles from campus. He was named the top TE at the 2020 national combine. Competition for this kid is gonna be fierce as he just picked up another offer yesterday.

Thomas Fidone is a top 100 recruit for sure.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back