• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4 in-state targets to keep tabs on for Nebraska in 2021 class

Avante Dickerson is #1 on the list, and probably an uphill battle here. Ohio State, LSU, and now Oregon in the mix, things could get tough to keep this kid around. With a 40 listed below 4.4, it's a talent we need to get to Lincoln.

Teddy Prochazka is already committed, and an athlete with this size is a must keep. Kudos to the staff working on this kid and getting him solid to us early.

Keagan Johnson, who is a legacy and the son of Clester Johnson, is the brother of 2 other Bellevue West standouts. One went to Wyoming, the other to South Dakota State. He is a great athlete to help build our room whichever position he chooses. Luckily we won't have to worry about the coaching staff telling his dad they don't have time for him when he has a son that is being looked at by FBS programs, we have already offered.

AJ Rollins has all the measureables that you could ask for from a player that has a Nebraska offer. While i'm not sure how he projects.... in a class where we need at least 2 TEs, a local kid is a good bet to help get your room re-stocked when Austin Allen, Kurt Rafdal, and Travis Vokolek will all be seniors his first year, with only Chris Hickman left on the roster after that.

There will be one or two others that garner offers from Scott Frost and Nebraska after this spring, but that is what we have for now. We will gain 3 of the 4 to be part of this class.

Last edited:

Three out of four is not bad, but it sure would be nice to have a clean sweep. Hopefully Dickerson will end up in Lincoln.

Rollins is also a pretty good Basketball player - there are some clips of him playing with the Crusaders. Nice athlete and has a lot of length.

FWIW, I saw Teddy P. play basketball and I was impressed with his athleticism and his build. He did not have any fat on him and he is a physical specimen. At the very least we will be passing the eye test with some of our recent recruits!

Three out of four is not bad, but it sure would be nice to have a clean sweep. Hopefully Dickerson will end up in Lincoln.
I think we have a punchers chance, but he's currently more enamored with his big boy offers than Nebraska's. This again is another time where we finally have the location advantage, we can capitalize better than any team besides Iowa Western.

First of all 2 4 stars in one year is pretty cool. @ShortSideOption any idea what the 2 unrated players will end up rated?
Clester's kid could end up a 5.7 on rivals (high 3 star), as he will be taking over for Betts who graduates (Bellevue West had a 6.0 4 star in Betts, a RB who is committed to Northern Illinois, and Johnson as skill guys, not bad).

Rollins i'm not as sold on yet, he is very athletic so does really well in camps, but his film isn't as good as a guy like Chris Hickman. That said, he's a year younger so we can wait til' he progresses this year and check.

FWIW, I saw Teddy P. play basketball and I was impressed with his athleticism and his build. He did not have any fat on him and he is a physical specimen. At the very least we will be passing the eye test with some of our recent recruits!
Kid has a six pack as an offensive tackle prospect. Pretty good build to work with for Duval and Austin.

Avante Dickerson is #1 on the list, and probably an uphill battle here. Ohio State, LSU, and now Oregon in the mix, things could get tough to keep this kid around. With a 40 listed below 4.4, it's a talent we need to get to Lincoln.

Teddy Prochazka is already committed, and an athlete with this size is a must keep. Kudos to the staff working on this kid and getting him solid to us early.

Keagan Johnson, who is a legacy and the son of Clester Johnson, is the brother of 2 other Bellevue West standouts. One went to Wyoming, the other to South Dakota State. He is a great athlete to help build our room whichever position he chooses. Luckily we won't have to worry about the coaching staff telling his dad they don't have time for him when he has a son that is being looked at by FBS programs, we have already offered.

AJ Rollins has all the measureables that you could ask for from a player that has a Nebraska offer. While i'm not sure how he projects.... in a class where we need at least 2 TEs, a local kid is a good bet to help get your room re-stocked when Austin Allen, Kurt Rafdal, and Travis Vokolek will all be seniors his first year, with only Chris Hickman left on the roster after that.

There will be one or two others that garner offers from Scott Frost and Nebraska after this spring, but that is what we have for now. We will gain 3 of the 4 to be part of this class.

I know if Dickerson leaves its not like that's a first, but we really need to keep as many legit hometown D1 kids here as possible. Captain Obvious stuff, but I'd hate to see this kid in an Ohio State uniform.

I think that may be the concern for him, he wants to play basketball but is getting FBS football offers.

I hope he doesn't think he's going to play Basketball at the next level. Despite being a good athlete, to me, he looked like a lower level player in Basketball. That athleticism and size definitely seems to translate to FBS football, though

I know if Dickerson leaves its not like that's a first, but we really need to keep as many legit hometown D1 kids here as possible. Captain Obvious stuff, but I'd hate to see this kid in an Ohio State uniform.
I’m hoping he’s just enamored with those offers right now and is wanting to take some officials, but in the end wants to stay home. I was hoping that with Watts tho. We did convince Henrich tho.

I hope he doesn't think he's going to play Basketball at the next level. Despite being a good athlete, to me, he looked like a lower level player in Basketball. That athleticism and size definitely seems to translate to FBS football, though
That’s really my only hesitation. You have to love football to be good at the D1 level. He still has a senior year tho.

I’m hoping he’s just enamored with those offers right now and is wanting to take some officials, but in the end wants to stay home. I was hoping that with Watts tho. We did convince Henrich tho.

Man, I really long for the day to come again when top level in and out of state kids are enamored with a Nebraska offer.

It really seems like a long time ago.

Man, I really long for the day to come again when top level in and out of state kids are enamored with a Nebraska offer.

It really seems like a long time ago.
It really does. For the most part Nebraska kids still feel that way, Prochazka is yet another example. But these kid for the 2021 class haven't seen Nebraska win a single football championship since they've been alive. Not a conference title and certainly not anywhere close to national prominence. They get told how great it once was.

We gotta start winning... honestly, if Tommy Armstrong doesn't have an All-Conference year in 2016, we are dangerously close to having 5 years in a row of sub .500 seasons. We haven't been good or even played for a title since these kids were in elementary school.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back