• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4* DT Logan Jones from Iowa

I don’t understand the angst. If this kid really wanted to go to Nebraska, he’d do that. If my dream girl ignored me forever, and then finally smiled at me, I’m still taking my shot.

If he’s not going to flip because his feelings got hurt, then perhaps that’s not the mental makeup Nebraska is looking for anyway.

I don’t understand the angst. If this kid really wanted to go to Nebraska, he’d do that. If my dream girl ignored me forever, and then finally smiled at me, I’m still taking my shot.

If he’s not going to flip because his feelings got hurt, then perhaps that’s not the mental makeup Nebraska is looking for anyway.
:)

To be clear, the smile is not from your dream girl, but I do agree with you. For whatever reason, each year staff's are going to have misses in recruiting. Can't waste energy on the misses...have to keep moving forward and learn from 'em if there were mistakes.

Last edited:

Shooters shoot. :thumbsup:

:)

To be clear, the smile is not from your dream girl, but I do agree with you. For whatever reason, each year staff's are going to have misses in recruiting. Can't waste energy on the misses...have to keep moving forward and learn from 'em if there were mistakes.
Thanks for clarifying...I was squaring up for a long range 3 til I read the words.

I think the problem is, he wanted to go to Nebraska. And as @manawahusker stated, if he lived in Omaha and this happened, we would all be losing our poop. Since he's 3 miles east of there, it's not talked about much. But as it stands, a kid that is a four star that we could have got is heading to a division rival. I am not as privy to what the Frost hire, and Dawson to Tuioti transition did to play into it, but we could have had this kid. The kid destroyed Nash Hutmacher's track stats, so he's plenty explosive. But is it a size issue? Do they think he is maxed out so he can't play the DE spot for them?

Just reminds me a bit of some kids we have let slip away in other sports that would have walked on and ended up getting down in the SEC and getting drafted.

I think the problem is, he wanted to go to Nebraska. And as @manawahusker stated, if he lived in Omaha and this happened, we would all be losing our poop. Since he's 3 miles east of there, it's not talked about much. But as it stands, a kid that is a four star that we could have got is heading to a division rival. I am not as privy to what the Frost hire, and Dawson to Tuioti transition did to play into it, but we could have had this kid. The kid destroyed Nash Hutmacher's track stats, so he's plenty explosive. But is it a size issue? Do they think he is maxed out so he can't play the DE spot for them?

Just reminds me a bit of some kids we have let slip away in other sports that would have walked on and ended up getting down in the SEC and getting drafted.

I get that, and don’t disagree with any of it. Maybe I’m oversimplifying, but it’s only June, we have plenty of room, and the kid holds a presumably commit-able offer. If he likes his potential coaches at NU, he can still come.

If he’s as big a Husker fan as we’re led to believe, why would he not flip? The implication has been that he didn’t get the attention he wanted. I say who cares, fulfill your dream and laugh about it someday.

And, to the rest of you, none of your wives are my dream girl, unless my wife has something to tell me.

I agree, but again, it's not like NU waited until his senior year to offer. He committed to Iowa as a sophomore. If NU was his dream then he gave up on it awfully quick.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back