• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

3-Star Georgia DBs Tavian Mayo and Jamel Starks

We have Farmer, Newsome, and Wright so far, who I think are all projected as safeties. Do we have any other CB options?

We have Farmer, Newsome, and Wright so far, who I think are all projected as safeties. Do we have any other CB options?
Noa Pola-Gates is an option who once looked like a long shot. Nebraska is right in it with Arizona State to get his commitment.

Last edited:

Also, JUCO Tony Wallace from Independence CC...he visited on December 1; he also went to Minnesota last weekend and is going to TCU this weekend.

We needed Mayo. Big loss. Big. N2FL....did we cool on them in the same manner as Fair? It's been eerily quiet on their front for quite some time.

Nebraska hasn't cooled. I like Starks more than Mayo, even though he is less of a 'sure thing' than has been assumed since summer.

Nebraska could use Noa Pola-Gates, Jamel Starks and Tony Wallace to finish off their DB class. I'll be interested to see if Nebraska can get Auburn commit Nehemiah Pritchett to bypass signing on the 19th and getting him to visit in January. He's a guy I'd take even if they go 3-for-3 with the guys above.

Nebraska hasn't cooled. I like Starks more than Mayo, even though he is less of a 'sure thing' than has been assumed since summer.

Nebraska could use Noa Pola-Gates, Jamel Starks and Tony Wallace to finish off their DB class. I'll be interested to see if Nebraska can get Auburn commit Nehemiah Pritchett to bypass signing on the 19th and getting him to visit in January. He's a guy I'd take even if they go 3-for-3 with the guys above.

You have him rated that high or you never pass on a kid named Nehemiah?
The latter is my rule. Take every Nehemiah available. Always.

I think Newsome gets a look at corner. The other two could grow into OLB's, so getting at least three more true, long term DB's (particularly CB's) is important.

Thanks for the clarification and insight

Besides the obvious must-take name, yeah I like his game a lot.

He's 6-1 with long arms and has the frame to carry 200, easy. Has considerable experience at both cornerback and safety at the high school level, so he'd be a versatile piece. Auburn DC Kevin Steele and DB coaches Greg Brown and Marcus Woodson fell in love with him after his camp performance in the summer. He performed really well and also ran a 4.38. He was offered that day and shot up their board.

And yeah, also because he's a corner. Nebraska is still in the process of building that room and a versatile guy like Pritchett would be big. Plus like Mike Riley said, good corners are like gold. Dude's right about that. Really good linemen and DB's are so valuable. I'd take extra guys at those positions normally, but when you are thin at that spot and still building, you definitely take a talent like Pritchett.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back