• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 3-star DE Tate Wildeman is N (Iowa Legacy Recruit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
With only 4-5 spots allocated for the OLB/DE position this class, I'm a bit surprised by the staff accepting his commitment this early. I think this was a Diaco decision with the family history, which isn't necessarily a good thing.

He's a fine looking prospect, just not as good as several guys the Huskers are looking. JMPO.
I guess we will see 3-4 years from now if this statement is true!

He is a junior in high school and is 6'6, 245. Wait til he gets 2 years of strength and conditioning behind him.

In your opinion, who becomes the top target for the last DE spot? Do they swing for the fences knowing that they are comfortable with only taking one DE, or, do they go after a similar player, like Judge Culpepper?

I think Culpepper would be a very good fit. I really like Ronnie Perkins too, although he might be an OLB target. Draco Bynum is another kid I really like, as is Daniel Parker and Daniel Carson.

If Nebraska can add Calvin Avery as their class NG and then bring in Culpepper or Bynum to team with Wildeman as DE prospects, that would be a nice class trio. Those are the two guys I thought Nebraska should target as their class DE's. If they can end up with one of the two still that would be nice. Perkins is probably a better OLB prospect than DE, and Nebraska would be lucky to grab him there too.

I hope people don't think I dislike Wildeman as a prospect. I don't. With the spirit of the NFL Draft coming this week, I will compare my reasoning to that...

Nebraska taking Wildeman before they know if they have realistic chances at Culpepper and Bynum is like taking a 3rd round talent with your 2nd round pick.

Heck, I'll compare it to a more likely scenario in this situation. Wildeman was likely higher on their board than mine. Just like the NFL Draft will show us this Thursday, teams have different rankings for different players. I simply (probably) have a higher grade on Bynum and Culpepper than Wildeman and the coaches do not.

I hope people don't think I dislike Wildeman as a prospect. I don't. With the spirit of the NFL Draft coming this week, I will compare my reasoning to that...

Nebraska taking Wildeman before they know if they have realistic chances at Culpepper and Bynum is like taking a 3rd round talent with your 2nd round pick.

Heck, I'll compare it to a more likely scenario in this situation. Wildeman was likely higher on their board than mine. Just like the NFL Draft will show us this Thursday, teams have different rankings for different players. I simply (probably) have a higher grade on Bynum and Culpepper than Wildeman and the coaches do not.
Most of us knew that . Keep telling us your honest opinion as most of us respect it and know it is your opinion. BTW good analogy of the draft.

It's the offseason now and a long time until season starts. We need something to argue over

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back