• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 3-star DE Tate Wildeman is N (Iowa Legacy Recruit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This dude has really good feet for a big/tall guy. 12 seniors graduating on scholarship, 3 open scholarships, and plus 3 takes us to 18 without attrition which we know will happen. I think we get to 20-21 in this class so we probably are taking a couple more DL in my opinion.

I was looking at the numbers yesterday and came up with pretty much the same as you. I was looking at 18-20 so we are close.

I like his film too. Worth taking a swing at him and getting a DE in early in my opinion with the way the numbers are stacking up for us.

Last edited:

FYI

4. There's a lot to like about Wildeman as a defensive end prospect. At 6-foot-6, 245-pounds, he's got lengthy and has a tremendous frame to work with. He plays with leverage and is strong at the point of attack in addition to being a very good pass rusher that uses multiple moves to get by offensive tackles. On top of that, he's got a motor that always seems to be running full-throttle on the field. All of these things fit the exact mold of what defensive coordinator Bob Diaco and defensive line coach John Parrella are looking for in their 3-4 defensive ends.

5. You've got to like the intangibles Wildeman brings to the table along with the size and athleticism. His father was a second team All-Big Ten linebacker and team captain at the University of Iowa in his playing days and coached at the collegiate level as Tate was growing up. Just a very smart kid with a great work ethic that comes from football bloodlines.

7. Nebraska only had room for one or two defensive ends in this year's recruiting class so they've been very selective about the types of players they've offered at the position. As I mentioned earlier, after seeing Wildeman in person he validated that he was everything NU was looking for out of someone that could play at a 5-technique in the 3-4.

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/tate-wildeman-commit-what-does-it-mean-for-nebraska-

With only 4-5 spots allocated for the OLB/DE position this class, I'm a bit surprised by the staff accepting his commitment this early. I think this was a Diaco decision with the family history, which isn't necessarily a good thing.

He's a fine looking prospect, just not as good as several guys the Huskers are looking. JMPO.

In your opinion, who becomes the top target for the last DE spot? Do they swing for the fences knowing that they are comfortable with only taking one DE, or, do they go after a similar player, like Judge Culpepper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back