• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

3 star DB Lardarius Webb Jr is N (Son of 8 Year Raven's NFL DB Lardarius Webb)

• Thread starter Deleted member 3889
  • Start date
No need to apologize at all. I get your points and agree, to an extent. I’m just saying he was MAYBE only offered due to Fisher’s relationship with his dad. Did his dad reach out to Fisher? No idea. But you actually brought up another reason this MAY have been a reach: He hadn’t been evaluated by ANY recruiting services. I’ll pretty sure, at this time of year, that we haven’t offered any prospects that have ZERO offers and ZERO evaluations by the services. But I’ll admit that this has been a strange year and he may have been wanting to go to camps and then he would of been evaluated. But there are other prospects that are in the same boat but have been evaluated. With NU having a small class this year, IMO, this is a reach. In a 25+3 class? Then it would of been less of a reach and more of “raw” talent to be developed so he would be a player 3-4 years down the road. I am wondering if the fact that there have been 0 DB commits so far if they just wanted to get someone on the board? Again, if Fisher wants him, that is good enough for most of us, including me. From what I have gathered, he has the speed and as we all know, you can’t coach speed. Will be interesting to see if he gets anymore offers, FBS or FCS.

:thumbsup:

Yeah I think Fish gets the benefit of the doubt. The fact he knows his dad as a former teammate is a plus but it was not the reason he took his commit as we both know

Remember reported offers are supplied by the recruit

However, yes it will be interesting to see who offers

I think this kid will be solid and that is where knowing the dad comes in

As to how raw he is as a talent we shall see

No need to apologize at all. I get your points and agree, to an extent. I’m just saying he was MAYBE only offered due to Fisher’s relationship with his dad. Did his dad reach out to Fisher? No idea. But you actually brought up another reason this MAY have been a reach: He hadn’t been evaluated by ANY recruiting services. I’ll pretty sure, at this time of year, that we haven’t offered any prospects that have ZERO offers and ZERO evaluations by the services. But I’ll admit that this has been a strange year and he may have been wanting to go to camps and then he would of been evaluated. But there are other prospects that are in the same boat but have been evaluated. With NU having a small class this year, IMO, this is a reach. In a 25+3 class? Then it would of been less of a reach and more of “raw” talent to be developed so he would be a player 3-4 years down the road. I am wondering if the fact that there have been 0 DB commits so far if they just wanted to get someone on the board? Again, if Fisher wants him, that is good enough for most of us, including me. From what I have gathered, he has the speed and as we all know, you can’t coach speed. Will be interesting to see if he gets anymore offers, FBS or FCS.

One of our starting corners was offered at the end of June back in his senior year, and only after we happened to see him at a camp we put on in Florida. He had some big time offers from South Alabama, Middle Tenn State among a couple others. He's not doing too bad.

His dad played 9 years in the league and has a title. I doubt that he can’t afford to send his son to college without a scholarship. I doubt that he asked Fish to hook his son up with a scholarship that isn’t justified. And there’s no way Fish is going to use one of his precious scholarships on a kid he doesn’t believe in. Those comments are all amateur nonsense about a professional coach.

As for the kid, I watched the film and it doesn’t offer much. Highlight films aren’t always as helpful as we’d like them to be. And I’ve always found it a little difficult to evaluate DBs on a highlight film. What I did see was an athletic kid who is not afraid to put his head in there and tackle someone. I like to see that in a DB. It also looks like he has good instincts and seems to get a good pre-snap read of the offense. My guess is that his a gym rat and a film junkie and you can’t have too many of those on a team. For those who doubt him, I’m interested in your assessment other than the fact that there aren’t enough stars to put a twinkle in your eye. Have you taken his measurements? Watched him play? Evaluated film? Spent time with him and his family? No? Fish has. I’ll go with Fish on this one.

One of our starting corners was offered at the end of June back in his senior year, and only after we happened to see him at a camp we put on in Florida. He had some big time offers from South Alabama, Middle Tenn State among a couple others. He's not doing too bad.

Yup

Yeah, some lower level offers but offers none the less. Webb JR has ZERO, ZILCH, NADA. Until Nebraska. Not even a Mississippi JC or anything along those lines. Will he be a bust? To be determined. Will he be a stud DB? To be determined. Will he be a starter/key backup? To be determined. But if it wasn’t for the China Virus, he would be a definite “reach”. But I’m all for him being a part of the team, since, as I mentioned, his attitude ,his speed, his pedigree are all great (from what I have heard/read) plus Fisher wanted him. I hope nothing but the absolute best for Webb JR!!!

Last edited:
:thumbsup:

Yeah I think Fish gets the benefit of the doubt. The fact he knows his dad as a former teammate is a plus but it was not the reason he took his commit as we both know

Remember reported offers are supplied by the recruit

However, yes it will be interesting to see who offers

I think this kid will be solid and that is where knowing the dad comes in

As to how raw he is as a talent we shall see
Now there is something I had not thought about. We did not know about him because he never reported our offer. Ergo he probably has others that he did not report.

Now there is something I had not thought about. We did not know about him because he never reported our offer. Ergo he probably has others that he did not report.

Not uncommon

However, not saying it's so in this case

Baker Stienkuhler only ever reported NU and that is just one example

What will we see on this one? Correct me if I am wrong but reading between the lines your saying he is reach

The services who have yet to evaluate him I can almost guarantee with in a few weeks place him a mid three star. Happens all the time and has happened before to NU
In a way...yes. Lots of kids have not been evaluated yet and still have multiple P5 offers. Does he have the ability to play B1G football? Absolutely no P5 offers, Not even an offer from La. Monroe, his other school of interest. I just hope his offer is based on HIS abilities and not what his dad did. Maybe with the C19 thing he's slipped through the cracks. I'm the farthest thing from a recruiting expert so my opinion is worthless. Just seems like a strange out of no where deal.

I think it’s funny, how quick people are to write off someone because of their offer list, a few years back LSU offer a DB with no power 5 offers, kids now a stud in the NFL has a Super Bowl ring, they offered because of his instincts and athletic ability, oh and because other HS coaches raves about him. Now back to Webb, a lot of why he was over looked is he played 5A ball, opposing coaches stayed away from him, so playing in a lower class and not having many stats/ fewer opportunities to put on film. What gets me excited is he moved to Mississippi is being trained by a former NFL corner, who by the way knows what Fisher expects. Funny how a lot of the people on here are clamoring for Luke McCaffery to start yet he didn’t have many offers to play QB( which is why he chose us) but if we used the logic that because they don’t be have this offer or that rating, then why have half of the guys we have on our roster? I for one trust Fishers evaluation, he’s getting an athletic kid that he can mold, a player that plays hungry, I think Fisher sees a lot of himself in this kid, overlooked, not big enough, etc, yet all that did was drive him. Really wonder how high Webb’s rating would be if there was camps, kids that run a 4.4 electronically time, with quick hips would be, remember a lot of kids get ranked on their camp performances. Just some food for thought.

I hope no one thought I was bagging on the kid. As I mentioned, and others have also, you can’t coach speed and he has it. As I also mentioned, if Fisher wants him, that is good enough for me.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back