• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

3* Dante Lovett offered by Matt Rhule

Can someone walk me through the mechanics of this offer? Was Rhule studying prospects over the last week? Did he go to the current Nebraska staff and say give me your top sleeper recruit?- Just curious as to how it all went down so early in the process..

Can someone walk me through the mechanics of this offer? Was Rhule studying prospects over the last week? Did he go to the current Nebraska staff and say give me your top sleeper recruit?- Just curious as to how it all went down so early in the process..
I'd be curious to know was well. Although I'm betting that Rhule might have been speaking with contacts he has in the recruiting world ever since he thought he might get back into the college game and was assembling a list of dudes he should chase IF he took a HC job.

Regardless . . . Rhule's at work right out of the gate and not wasting any time.

Just speculation, but quite possible the lead recruiter on this kid from another school is joining Rhule’s staff.

Hard to say what the connection to this kid is or where the interest came from. Kinda like the optics though, Rhule looks to be hitting the ground running. Maybe the offer was made, in part, for that reason.

I cant, but my guess is NU was ready to offer and ran it by Rhule...maybe with film.

–3-star DB Dante Lovett, DeMatha Catholic High School, Hyattsville, Maryland.​

Dante Lovett is the No. 871 overall, No. 68 athlete, and No. 16 player in Maryland and is committed to the Virginia Tech Hokies. However, the Nebraska Cornhuskers and new head coach Matt Rhule offered him a scholarship today. He has been committed to the Hokies since May 8 and says his pledge is still solid. But Nebraska is one of many interested teams, such as the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, North Carolina Tar Heels, Michigan State Spartans, and Pittsburgh Panthers. Lovett may not back off his pledge to Virginia Tech, but the fact that Rhule reached out to him so quickly is fascinating. There is a good chance the Cornhuskers will flip him.

DeMatha is one of the top programs in the DMV. They draw from the top talent in MD, and cherry pick DC and NoVA.

St Francis in Bmo, Dematha, and St Johns in DC all rank high in hs football in the country. They all have youth feeder teams that they use to find talent. Then offer scholarships. My grandson is on the team that feeds St Johns.

I say all of this to say if he is at Dematha he can ball.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back