• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

3/4 Star RB Justin Williams To Decide 5 July

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with some of what you said but really disagree with the bolded. While we have been under some teams boots it's only been that way with Bo & Mike's players. They were not right for Scott's scheme. This also applies to the 'suspect development' of the same players. Martinez may be a suspect but most every player around him was not right for Scott's scheme. Until now. This is the year of our awakening.
That’s hogwash an excuse making. Football players for the most part are football players no matter the system. Apparently the head coach hasn’t figured out which type of player he wants either.

Last edited:

You disagree that we have out-recruited Wiscy and Iowa in the recent past and we have had a tough time developing at key positions? And coaches have to turn over an entire roster before improvement should be expected??? C'mon. You can coach up players you didn't recruit. You can show improvement over three seasons.
I disagreed with the point that those players were recruited may have been better but to a different scheme. Bo had his own players but was too stubborn to make changes. Riley had Bo's players but it was a different scheme and he couldn't coach. Frost's scheme was too different for Bo & Mike's players to adapt to so this is where we are. If a new restaurant owner tells all the waiters that they are now cooks do you expect the menu to be great day one?

That’s hogwash an excuse making. Football players for the most part are football players no matter the system. Apparently the head coach hasn’t figured out which type of player he wants either.
Don't forget the culture issues. It takes a while to separate the wheat from the chaf...

I disagreed with the point that those players were recruited may have been better but to a different scheme. Bo had his own players but was too stubborn to make changes. Riley had Bo's players but it was a different scheme and he couldn't coach. Frost's scheme was too different for Bo & Mike's players to adapt to so this is where we are. If a new restaurant owner tells all the waiters that they are now cooks do you expect the menu to be great day one?

If this were true, every new coach with a different scheme would need four years to see improvement. Lol.

I agree with some of what you said but really disagree with the bolded. While we have been under some teams boots it's only been that way with Bo & Mike's players. They were not right for Scott's scheme. This also applies to the 'suspect development' of the same players. Martinez may be a suspect but most every player around him was not right for Scott's scheme. Until now. This is the year of our awakening.

Actually, Frost's players were not right for Frost's schemes. He came into the Big Ten thinking small, fast, versatile offensive players were the key to success in the Big Ten. Now he's reset with an emphasis on size and physicality. We'll see if that works.

I think it's unfair to blame it on Bo or Riley's players -- considering Ozigbo is still the best RB we've seen under Frost (and that was not his plan, as Devine started the 2018 season as the #3 RB behind smaller RBs, Mo Washington and Greg Bell). And Morgan and Spielman are still the best WRs we've seen under Frost.

Last edited:
This thread needs to get back on topic too

Take the non Williams discussion to its own thread elsewhere

RR

For crying out loud, drop it or go to the main board and stop crapping on what you must know are public recruiting boards. This is a great look --Nebraska fans deserve another losing season.
I'm sorry. I didn't realize only BS rainbows and unicorns was allowed. I must have missed that when I signed up and paid to post like you did. Forgive me for not doing ******* somersaults for a 12-20 record. And if recruiting is taking a hit I guarantee it has nothing to do with my posts and everything to do with the product on the field in Lincoln.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back