• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2AM

I have no problem with this.

I would be disappointed if he doesn't perform well and they continue to play him, though. They need to have Vedral or McCaffrey ready. That's true this year even if 2AM underperforms due to injury.

But I have no reason to believe they won't sit him if he doesnt play well. So I am calm about the issue.
I absolutely DO NOT want to stress you out. LOL.

But they didn't sit him last year when he seemed to be struggling.

I hope this next year isn't like the last one.
It won't be. For the life of me I didn't understand why we couldn't sit a guy injured in 2019, but it won't happen again in 2020. Frost can't survive another sub .500 year.

I absolutely DO NOT want to stress you out. LOL.

But they didn't sit him last year when he seemed to be struggling.

I hope this next year isn't like the last one.
Yes but do we know McCaffrey was ready to execute the whole offense at a higher level than a wounded Martinez? Or that Vedral could have? Or even if it was close, do we know it was better to sit Martinez if the coaches believe he has higher ceiling and wanted to keep his confidence up?

We dont know any of those things. We do know though that even if they had reason to keep playing AM last year, they won't this year. They will have had plenty of time to get somebody ready. And although I'm all for a long runway, they can't just keep taxiing.

I'm hoping the cockpit pilot assist software has an alarm sounding and keeps saying "Pull up! Pull up! Pull up!"

Last edited:

Move in Video. I think this is "we're back" like back in school getting ready for conditioning... but whatever.

As bad as the last 2 years were, we still lost every game that Martinez didn't start. But of course we didnt win many that he did

I get the mismangagement causing some rifts, but the 3 games they lost to CU, Indiana, and Purdue can't all be put on rifts on the team. Poor QB play at points in all 3 games really contributed to these loses. Not being able to get off the field on third down also greatly contributed to those loses.

They need to play better and they need to coach better.
Absolutely correct!

Yes but do we know McCaffrey was ready to execute the whole offense at a higher level than a wounded Martinez? Or that Vedral could have? Or even if it was close, do we know it was better to sit Martinez if the coaches believe he has higher ceiling and wanted to keep his confidence up?

We dont know any of those things. We do know though that even if they had reason to keep playing AM last year, they won't this year. They will have had plenty of time to get somebody ready. And although I'm all for a long runway, they can't just keep taxiing.

I'm hoping the cockpit pilot assist software has an alarm sounding and keeps saying "Pull up! Pull up! Pull up!"
Just going to let you know what I know... but McCaffrey was very good with a limited playbook. I don't believe he completed a pass from in the pocket except a bubble screen and a jet sweep that counted as a completion. Most the rest were scrambles and rollouts. He has a long ways to go. That said.... really not sure sending a limping player out there was the answer as opposed to a healthy Vedral.

Just going to let you know what I know... but McCaffrey was very good with a limited playbook. I don't believe he completed a pass from in the pocket except a bubble screen and a jet sweep that counted as a completion. Most the rest were scrambles and rollouts. He has a long ways to go. That said.... really not sure sending a limping player out there was the answer as opposed to a healthy Vedral.
Fair enough. I do appreciate what you share. In any case I'm not taking a strong position on this because I have questions myself about lots of things. Next year should start bringing some answers.

I think we need to keep in mind the context of a QB “open competition” too. It involves experience and knowledge of the offense as well as ability. Martinez has a clear edge over every other QB in that room in those 1st 2 categories. And that is why he will be starting vs. Purdue.

I think we need to keep in mind the context of a QB “open competition” too. It involves experience and knowledge of the offense as well as ability. Martinez has a clear edge over every other QB in that room in those 1st 2 categories. And that is why he will be starting vs. Purdue.

You hinted at it. Knowing the plays and executing the plays are two different things. If you can't do the third. the first two don't matter much.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back