• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

27 points (total) in the last three games

Prime Barry Sanders might struggle to get 50 yards a game behind this line. Something has to give there . . . especially at both tackle spots. Jaimes and Farniok aren't even sound back-ups at this stage--which is problematic given that they are the starters.
Barry striggled at Detroit when he didn't have the right wide reciever-QB duo. When Mitchell threw darts along the sideline it opened up the run game for Barry. This is not disimilar to our own offensive woes. If we cannot spread the defense vertically then the screen is pointless. If we do not spread the D vertically then our sweep game is pointless. If we do not spread the D vertically then our crossing routes are pointless. Are you seeing the trend? Our style of O requires stretching a D vertically. There is a domino effect that opens up the other plays.

I’m just waiting for those that pointed the finger at AM to tell me why we didn’t run the score up with Vedral.

Not sure who is going to score when the plan is to run Washington up the middle, Robinson goes out of the game, and JD mysteriously decides to stop running to the end zone and reverses course. And on the plays we nearly scored, we had terrible penalties.

Vedral played pretty well, I thought, considering it was his first start on the road and in bad weather. But every time he got the offense down to threaten, he either got sacked or there were bad penalties that brought back big plays or killed drives. Doesn't help when your defense basically spots the other team 21 points by the time the 3rd qtr is 2 minutes old and then their D can tee off.

Last edited:

After watching last night it is obvious why A.M doesn't look as good as last year. The O line is putrid.
Considering they came with 9 in the box a lot, it is no wonder the OL has issues at times. They actually didn't play a terrible game. The worst aspect of the O was the rut the play calling was stuck in with Wandale in there. When he went down it was a turning point for the rest of the O to step up. Speilman voted with his performance, or lack thereof, when Wandale went down. We have depth. It is time to use it and play without focus on any one star.

Last edited:
AM would not have made a difference last night. We have no verticle game to make 8 or 9 in the box and issue.

Not sure who is going to score when the plan is to run Washington up the middle, Robinson goes out of the game, and JD mysteriously decides to stop running to the end zone and reverses course. And on the plays we nearlt scored, we had terrible penalties.

Vedral played pretty well, I thought, considering it was his first start on the road and in bad weather. But every time he got the offense down to threaten, he either got sacked or there were bad penalties that brought back big plays or killed drives. Doesn't help when your defense basically spots the other team 21 points by the time the 3rd qtr is 2 minutes old and then their D can tee off.
What was really disheartening, was a great catch/run by Wandale for 20+ yards that put us inside the 10 i believe (early in the game, it was either 0-7 or 0-14), with great momentum on our drive and an opportunity to score, but unfortunately it was called back due to a block in the back by Vedral. We ended up facing a 3rd and 20 and had to punt away. Our offense just collapsed after that series.

What was really disheartening, was a great catch/run by Wandale for 20+ yards that put us inside the 10 i believe (early in the game, it was either 0-7 or 0-14), with great momentum on our drive and an opportunity to score, but unfortunately it was called back due to a block in the back by Vedral. We ended up facing a 3rd and 20 and had to punt away. Our offense just collapsed after that series.

The big moment for me was when, on 3rd and 8, Minnesota runs in a read option and Vedral doesn't keep the outside edge. Was a backbreaker.

The little quick player can not take the B1G punishing hits. Washington, Speilman, or Wandale are getting punished, We need bruisers Minn showed us it is gut and grit, not finesse. I am not so sure Washington off-field issues are not a bigger distraction then anyone is talking about. It is a symptom of a lack of discipline and no penalty for not stepping up. I would like to see lesser players showing more effort then starters with no effort. It is time to develop talent. LM could have received some valuable playing time. We would have not done any worst then Bunch did out there. LM was here as long as AM was before AM got the start. I am not sure there is not a double standard.

Not sure who is going to score when the plan is to run Washington up the middle, Robinson goes out of the game, and JD mysteriously decides to stop running to the end zone and reverses course. And on the plays we nearly scored, we had terrible penalties.

No turnovers.

But that IS Nebraska football these days. That's the way we do it!
shooting-yourself-in-the-foot-cartoon-XD0X8T.jpg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back