• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

27 points (total) in the last three games

Didn't Stoll or somebody say before the season started that this team could get 70 or 80 points per game?

Prime Barry Sanders might struggle to get 50 yards a game behind this line. Something has to give there . . . especially at both tackle spots. Jaimes and Farniok aren't even sound back-ups at this stage--which is problematic given that they are the starters.

Several players graduated... it begins there. The guys filling in are a walk-on, a frosh, a transfer and converted TE
Omg. Stop. Others have to step in and step up. The talent excuse has been used on every failed coach. It’s weak and others have to start playing better. There is enough talent here to NOT get your ass kicked by freakin Minnesota.

One of the things I always mock is when people tout returning starters or production for a predictor of success. If you bring back pig poop it doesn’t matter if they’ve started before. We will bring every starter back on offense next year, but is that a good thing?
No!!! I don’t even want most of them on the team for fear of contamination of the freshmen, let alone starting again.

Jurgens, Wandale, JD. — keep those three and scrap the rest.

If there's a coach that should be under fire its austin
This is the most pathetic oline and it's not completely untalented
I know I have been beating this drum for a while now. We need to open up the coffers and go after the very best oline coach out there. A very good starting point. The position is way too important to mess around. We went from Wagner to Cotton, Garrison to Cavanaugh to Austin. Good guys but every one was substandard. We have to go after an experienced successful coach whether from a big time college with excellent line play or go to the NFL. It has to be done!!

I know I have been beating this drum for a while now. We need to open up the coffers and go after the very best oline coach out there. A very good starting point. The position is way too important to mess around. We went from Wagner to Cotton, Garrison to Cavanaugh to Austin. Good guys but every one was substandard. We have to go after an experienced successful coach whether from a big time college with excellent line play or go to the NFL. It has to be done!!

Why stop there? Let's throw 3 mil to get Venables, 2 mil to get Jimbo as the QB coach, another million to get Kevin Steele back to coach linebackers. I think you're onto something.

Why stop there? Let's throw 3 mil to get Venables, 2 mil to get Jimbo as the QB coach, another million to get Kevin Steele back to coach linebackers. I think you're onto something.
I am good with it!! Lol!! I guess my point is we have to start prioritizing the oline!!

There’s a lot to be said for having a cohesive management team which is why I was ok With frost bringing his clan with him. But, given the clear lack of improvement across OL (frost is defacto OC) and arguably other units it’s time to upgrade and given we can’t afford to fail we should spend whatever it takes to hire the best OL and defensive coordinator (he will sort out his assistants) coaches.

I know we have had a lot of turnover as far as oline coaches but our offensive line is fundamentally poor. No matter what you run on offense,you have to have proper fundamentals like footwork, hand placement etc. We haven't had that in a long time.

There’s a lot to be said for having a cohesive management team which is why I was ok With frost bringing his clan with him. But, given the clear lack of improvement across OL (frost is defacto OC) and arguably other units it’s time to upgrade and given we can’t afford to fail we should spend whatever it takes to hire the best OL and defensive coordinator (he will sort out his assistants) coaches.

I'm gonna trust Frost

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back