• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

27 points (total) in the last three games

Beareye

Travel Squad
5 Year Member
This offense is broken. We can try to make excuses if we want to... injuries, coaching change 1.5 years ago, playing against some good defenses, etc. The hard truth is that we're lucky to be 1-2 in our last three games, where we have averaged just 9 points. How did it get this bad?

Thanks to Troy Walters. No threat downfield. Bottle everything up in the backfield. No outlets when the QB is under pressure. And lots of screen passes so we can have 65% passing percentages with little to show for it. Great job, Troy.

Several players graduated... it begins there. The guys filling in are a walk-on, a frosh, a transfer and converted TE

Several players graduated... it begins there. The guys filling in are a walk-on, a frosh, a transfer and converted TE
That's certainly a part of it. The interesting thing is that no one really thought we had an incredible senior class last year. We could definitely use some of those guys from last year's offense though.

Thanks to Troy Walters. No threat downfield. Bottle everything up in the backfield. No outlets when the QB is under pressure. And lots of screen passes so we can have 65% passing percentages with little to show for it. Great job, Troy.
I'm with you. Walters may be the weak link on the staff. He has great credentials as a college and NFL player, but none of our WRs are getting better under this coaching. We can't even find three WRs on the roster who pose a legitimate threat right now.

I'm not sure it's just a Troy Walters issue. SF calls the plays he's the real OC. At the risk of offending people it falls T his feet. We suck offensively. Our D ain't great but they are not getting any help. Injuries are no longer an excuse.

I have my concerns about Walters, actually pretty big concerns due to the wide receiver play but isn't he a coordinator in name only. Unless I am way off, Scott calls the plays.

And by extension, the offensive genius HCSF.

I have my concerns about Walters, actually pretty big concerns due to the wide receiver play but isn't he a coordinator in name only. Unless I am way off, Scott calls the plays.
You can't blame Walters for play calling or for the ineffectiveness of the entire offense, but you can blame him for having a largely ineffective WR corps. Plenty of 4* and high 3* recruits, but only Spielman and Robinson look like Division 1 WRs right now.

That's certainly a part of it. The interesting thing is that no one really thought we had an incredible senior class last year. We could definitely use some of those guys from last year's offense though.
I could be wrong, but weren't Ozigbo and Morgan in Pelini's final recruiting class?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back