• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

247 Podcast talking recruiting (6/25/19) Lot of updates

Yeah they got a JUCO guy out of Council Bluffs on the other hand we took two top OTs with one who is arguably a 5 star in Corcoran from underneath Miles nose. So much for that better record and bigger games for these two.
If Miles is able to get something going down there then we won’t be pulling to many more of the top guys of of Kansas or the KC area. For another year or so Miles can sell that he got a ring in these kids lifetime. And every kid a Power 5 school not named Nebraska pulls from IWCC really makes me angry. Tom Osborne helped them set that program up. While we watch and laugh at Indy on Last Chance U on Netflix, it’s IWCC who smoke them. While previous coaching staffs have spent so much time sniffing around the Jayhawk league, Bill Snyder came up to IWCC and snagged a QB who did well for him. Iowa, Alabama, LSU also grabbed kids from here. I don’t expect Frost to take multiple kids a year from IWCC, but he better at least be in on those kids before they go to the SEC and ACC or other B1G schools.

fantastic thread. great interview with Conn. some of these young men interview like they have been doing for decades

If Miles is able to get something going down there then we won’t be pulling to many more of the top guys of of Kansas or the KC area. For another year or so Miles can sell that he got a ring in these kids lifetime. And every kid a Power 5 school not named Nebraska pulls from IWCC really makes me angry. Tom Osborne helped them set that program up. While we watch and laugh at Indy on Last Chance U on Netflix, it’s IWCC who smoke them. While previous coaching staffs have spent so much time sniffing around the Jayhawk league, Bill Snyder came up to IWCC and snagged a QB who did well for him. Iowa, Alabama, LSU also grabbed kids from here. I don’t expect Frost to take multiple kids a year from IWCC, but he better at least be in on those kids before they go to the SEC and ACC or other B1G schools.

I know you are a fan, and we all know our recent history isn’t anything to write home about. You’ve also made it clear you think we made a huge mistake on the kid from Iowa, and you might be right. In addition, you’re correct in pointing out that Miles did land a kid we were interested in from IWCC. But I think you’ve step way too far out on the ledge with your Miles becoming a force comments.

First I’d like to ask if you’ve actually been to KU’s facilities? Second I’d like to ask if you know what their camps were packing? And lastly, when was the last time you heard Miles do much public commentary? Their facilities pale by comparison to ours, or even most in the Big 12. A buddy was there for another reason, and happened to wander by the stadium to see maybe 40 high school kids...compared to a practice field full in Lincoln. Finally, Miles as a communicator. Obviously, he had success at Okie State, and he got the NC at LSU, but in my opinion, he fell short of what he should have in Baton Rogue, at least based on the talent available. Look, it many sound harsh, but he comes across as someone who is far from the sharpest tool. The years have not been kind to a guy who is only 65, but comes across older.

I don’t see him having the ability to connect with athletes as well as Frost. I also see their ability to turn things around a far more difficult process than we have at Nebraska, and players want to have the likelihood of success. In other words, I think you are grossly overestimating Miles future success.

Last edited:
I know you are a fan, and we all know our recent history isn’t anything to write home about. You’ve also made it clear you think we made a huge mistake on the kid from Iowa, and you might be right. In addition, you’re correct in pointing out that Miles did land a kid we were interested in from IWCC. But I think you’ve step way too far out on the ledge with your Miles becoming a force comments.

First I’d like to ask if you’ve actually been to KU’s facilities? Second I’d like to ask if you know what their camps were packing? And lastly, when was the last time you heard Miles do much public commentary? Their facilities pale by comparison to ours, or even most in the Big 12. A buddy was there for another reason, and happened to wander by the stadium to see maybe 40 high school kids...compared to a practice field full in Lincoln. Finally, Miles as a communicator. Obviously, he had success at Okie State, and he got the NC at LSU, but in my opinion, he fell short of what he should have in Baton Rogue, at least based on the talent available. Look, it many sound harsh, but he comes across as someone who is far from the sharpest tool. The years have not been kind to a guy who is only 65, but comes across older.

I don’t see him having the ability to connect with athletes as well as Frost. I also see their ability to turn things around a far more difficult process than we have at Nebraska, and players want to have the likelihood of success. In other words, I think you are grossly overestimating Miles future success.
In the modern era there have been exactly 2 coaches to finish with a winning record at KU Jack Mitchell and Mark Mangino. both finished their careers 2 over .500. Miles will not fair any better.

KU's spring game hype video with him trying to be hip was cringeworthy.

Last edited:

Attachments

• chance.jpg
    chance.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 35
I caught a little of the Paul Finebaum show yesterday. He was absolutely brutal against Miles. He called this one of the worst hires ever in college football. He expects Miles to fail spectacularly and he wonders what the heck KU was thinking when they hired this guy at this point in his career.

I have no dillusions that Miles is going to make them a playoff contender. But I don’t think it’s unreasonable for him to turn them into 8-4/9-3 program just based on his past success. He’s the most accomplished coach they’ve hired for football. If he’s able to accomplish that and start putting kids into the NFL he’s going to start to build a firewall around the KC metro.
As far facilities go, they’re in the middle of a $300 million football facilities upgrade. They already have their new indoor practice facility open.

I have no dillusions that Miles is going to make them a playoff contender. But I don’t think it’s unreasonable for him to turn them into 8-4/9-3 program just based on his past success. He’s the most accomplished coach they’ve hired for football. If he’s able to accomplish that and start putting kids into the NFL he’s going to start to build a firewall around the KC metro.
As far facilities go, they’re in the middle of a $300 million football facilities upgrade. They already have their new indoor practice facility open.

They have had 5 winning seasons in the past 25 years and only two of those with 8+ wins. I would not put any $$ on him turning anything around. As for the KC Metro area Nebraska will continue to recruit and get what they want from there

They have had 5 winning seasons in the past 25 years and only two of those with 8+ wins. I would not put any $$ on him turning anything around. As for the KC Metro area Nebraska will continue to recruit and get what they want from there
You might be right, only time will tell. The task in front of him is bigger then it was when he to over OSU and he’s 19 years older. However with dumping $300 million into football, KU is going to expect results. They got him at a bargain price. If he doesn’t deliver then I see them ponying up for someone who can.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back