• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

247 Podcast talking recruiting (6/25/19) Lot of updates

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
I am only going to transcribe the recruiting information. The rest you can listen to at your lesiure.

Part One

---247 has NU class of 5 ranked 72nd but average star rating moves them up to 12th.

---Lynom committed before he left Lincon for FL and Conn Monday Evening.

---Huskers have set themselves up for what are going to be quite a few decisions over the next 2 to 3 weeks. Thus, NU will move up from #72 in a hurry. By the BIG preseason meetings in mid-July the Huskers they feel will be sitting at 8 commits if not more.

---Schaefer said he spoke to Reed yesterday morning and it was all NU. Apparently UW got in his ear before NU reached out to him and what ever they said convinced him to commit to them.

---With Alex Conn the Huskers now have two really good OL out of the state of KS. Alex he thinks could end up at OG eventually. Coach Austin has done a good job recruiting and is a very good teacher.

Part Two

---Coach Fisher knows the part of FL really well that Lynom comes from especially his school. They like him a lot. Reminds them of Braxton Clark. Big long and rangey and very physical. Coach Fisher could care less about star ratings if the kid meets all he is looking for.

---Will take three CBs and one safety in this class. They really want Moten a lot. Dad and he visited and Dad loved it. They are going to throw the kitchen sink at him to get him onboard. He will announce on 2 July. They have to sell Mom now.

Said Gunnerson is in decision mode right now. Schaefer still thinks he will end up at Nebraska when its all said and done.

I actually think this is a good sign. It tells me despite the heavy family ties with Iowa State that he is not locked I to the family legacy. Fingers crossed I think we get him too.

I am only going to transcribe the recruiting information. The rest you can listen to at your lesiure.

Part One

---247 has NU class of 5 ranked 72nd but average star rating moves them up to 12th.

---Lynom committed before he left Lincon for FL and Conn Monday Evening.

---Huskers have set themselves up for what are going to be quite a few decisions over the next 2 to 3 weeks. Thus, NU will move up from #72 in a hurry. By the BIG preseason meetings in mid-July the Huskers they feel will be sitting at 8 commits if not more.

---Schaefer said he spoke to Reed yesterday morning and it was all NU. Apparently UW got in his ear before NU reached out to him and what ever they said convinced him to commit to them.

---With Alex Conn the Huskers now have two really good OL out of the state of KS. Alex he thinks could end up at OG eventually. Coach Austin has done a good job recruiting and is a very good teacher.

Thanks for the summary. If what Schaefer said is true - and I'm sure it is - the whole situation with Reed is very strange. It's like Vince Marrow suddenly joined the Badgers staff or something.

Like I said listen to it as they go into tons of stuff about all of the guys who visited etc

Losing out on Malik Reed hurts, there's just no way around that. Linebacker is a pretty big need in this class and the staff really liked him. Stings even more when you consider they probably felt really good about their chances as he left town after his OV.

With that... if they can end up adding Blaise Gunnerson and Choe Bryant-Strother in the coming weeks, that really helps soften the blow. Like I've said, IMPO Bryant-Strother is the best ILB on their board (at least out of the guys we know they're in on).

Devyn Curtis is another guy I really like. They still have an OV they can use with him to get him in town at least one more time.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back