• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

247 Crystal Ball Predictions for Nebraska

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was going to come in this summer, then why wait on the decision? The team is together and training. Wouldn't it be in your own best interest to make the move sooner than later if you are going to commit to and enroll in a new school for the fall?

I wonder what the hold up is.
Getting Joseph would be very similar to when Hughes joined UCF, having our two best recruiters plays well as the Kansas Jucos have a very good relationship with Held.

If he was going to come in this summer, then why wait on the decision? The team is together and training. Wouldn't it be in your own best interest to make the move sooner than later if you are going to commit to and enroll in a new school for the fall?

I wonder what the hold up is.

Because he had to qualify first to he part of the 2020 class

Late Add if we get him. Which was quite a surprise in a good way

Like I said until he qualified he cannot be on campus

There is no holdup now as he just qualified

Held coached at Butler and Highland which gives him insight and connections to the Jayhawk Conference

Yup great recruiter
Yes, I grew up in Garden City, had some friends play Juco ball, and know coaches usually have an inner circle and relationship with each other.) you are spot on with that.

Yes, I grew up in Garden City, had some friends play Juco ball, and know coaches usually have an inner circle and relationship with each other.) you are spot on with that.

My Dad was from Wellington and a good friend played for K-State

Yup JUCO coaches especially as there #1 goal is to get their players to the next level whatever that may be

Jayhawk as you know is a very good league

Would be SEC bound but his online math class means he can’t( most of the top schools there offer that as a course.)

That makes sense. I had wondered if it was a timing thing with qualifying. Hope we hear good news soon!

I seem to remember that the Admissions Office needs to 'bless' the union by laying their hands on, and reviewing all of the academic records. As much as we'd like to think they fast track athletes, sometimes I'm not too sure they go to the front of the line. I also remember that some schools will not send them electronically, or that they have to be mailed directly from one admissions office to another. A few extra days of hand wringing seems to be the norm with late qualifiers.

If this kid commits, does that end the cycle for this year? Or could we still lose someone and have another possible late addition?

I seem to remember that the Admissions Office needs to 'bless' the union by laying their hands on, and reviewing all of the academic records. As much as we'd like to think they fast track athletes, sometimes I'm not too sure they go to the front of the line. I also remember that some schools will not send them electronically, or that they have to be mailed directly from one admissions office to another. A few extra days of hand wringing seems to be the norm with late qualifiers.

If this kid commits, does that end the cycle for this year? Or could we still lose someone and have another possible late addition?
The awarding of one more scholarship - to Joseph or anyone else not currently on the team - will end the 2020 recruiting cycle. The class is full at that point.

The awarding of one more scholarship - to Joseph or anyone else not currently on the team - will end the 2020 recruiting cycle. The class is full at that point.

So if we have a kid no show, enter the portal, or ask for a release, we can't or won't fill that spot? Again, not challenging, just making sure I understand. I am thinking of the young man from Florida who was supposed to be waivering, or a situation like Gebbia, would we then be unable to fill that scholarship?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back