• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

247 Crystal Ball Predictions for Nebraska

Status
Not open for further replies.

The thing with Wisconsin is that in the last couple classes, they're starting to bring in some absolute studs, particularly on the o-line and at LB. They're grabbing guys like Kaden Johnson, TJ Bollers and Malik Reed away from you. Those are top-of-the-board guys for Frost. Now you're plugging some four-star guys into their proven developmental program. Wait till those guys are in line to play.

And have you paid attention to the offensive linemen they've been getting? Just since the '19 class, they've gotten Logan Brown and Jack Nelson (both five-stars), along with Joe Tippmann and Trey Wedig, (four-stars). This year they have commitments from Riley Mahlman (arguably Nebraska's top OL target for this cycle) and JP Benzschawel (both four-stars). Not to mention they are in the top three (and arguably the favorites) to land five-star Nolan Rucci. Wait till these monsters are ready to make up their front line. Have fun with that.

So what you're saying is that we don't stand a chance. Got it.

Are there any kids that don't have crystal ball picks for Nebraska, but are expected to end up being Nebraska?

I think we are looking at a top 30 class this year, regardless of our record. If we want a top 20 class, then we need to win some games this year.

Your last paragraph is exactly true. A perfect example of this is Troy Aikman. Best QB coming out of HS that year. Went to Oki and was an average QB but his skills did not match what the rest of the team make up was. So he and Switzer agree to part ways. He goes to UCLA and well...the rest is history. Arguably one of the top 5 QBs in history.
Or maybe his broken leg? They then changed the offense.

Or maybe his broken leg? They then changed the offense.
They changed it back to what it was before he got there. It was wishbone, then they changed to a more proset then changed it back. There were plenty of articles written about it. When he went down and Barry had no options to fill in. He decided to go back to the Wishbone and told Troy he would not oppose his transfer.

They changed it back to what it was before he got there. It was wishbone, then they changed to a more proset then changed it back. There were plenty of articles written about it. When he went down and Barry had no options to fill in. He decided to go back to the Wishbone and told Troy he would not oppose his transfer.
Lol, I know how it went all down. My father was a big fan of OU. my mom is still a big fan. I like them to but NU is first choice.

Are there any kids that don't have crystal ball picks for Nebraska, but are expected to end up being Nebraska?

None that I can think of that feel really likely, but Nebraska is in good shape to land guys like DL Mandela Tobin, OT Tyler Maro, 4 star OL Geno VanDeMark (NU might be running number 2 to Rutgers), TE Erik Olson (mom is an alumnus), and WR Eric McAlister. The staff will have to fight for a lot of those guys, and might turn others away.

That it's going to (continue) to be an uphill climb to reach and ultimately surpass them as kings of the West Division. But go ahead and take it however you want.

I was kidding. I'd prefer there to be a challenge and it not be easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back