• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2025 G, McKenzie Mathurin, 5-8, Tulsa, OK (Broken Arrow HS) - Visit > NEBRASKA

Last season for the Tigers, Mathurin averaged 20.9 points, 5.4 rebounds, 2.1 assists and 1.5 steals per game in 27 contests.
She was also a first-team all-state selection for the Tulsa World and the Ms. Outside winner in 2022-23, helping Broken Arrow return to the 6A state tournament for the first time since 2016.

Nice Article in LJS (does not look like it is behind a paywall)
(Thanks and a tip-o-the-hat to @bugeaters1 :Salute:)

“I’ve been in the recruitment process for four years now,” Mathurin said. “It’s been a long time, and I felt like this was the right time to go ahead and commit before my junior season so I can continue to play and get better for Nebraska.”
For Nebraska, she was recruited by assistant coach Tandem Mays. Mathurin thinks the Nebraska coaches were a little surprised that she committed when she did, but she had told the Nebraska staff they were in her top eight.
With her AAU team, Oklahoma Swift, she’s coached by her mom, Amber, who played college basketball in Oklahoma at Eastern Oklahoma State and Bacone College.

Don't know what is going on with YouTube but the video may not work. (you might try opening the link in Private mode.)

• McKenzie Mathurin

:ph34r:
You may have to disable your ad-blocker & browser privacy setting to view the SI article. Video link should work ok.

https://highschool.si.com/oklahoma/...-her-higher-expectations-entering-this-season

https://cdn.jwplayer.com/previews/YWKCwMHa

Through 18 games this season, Mathurin was averaging 22.3 points and 6.1 rebounds while shooting 44 percent from the field. Throw in her two steals a night and she has been effective on both ends of the floor, which was something she worked on throughout the offseason.
“I just want to be a finisher and I want to get steals, get easy layups, and then just finish around the 3-point line,” Mathurin. “It all starts with my defense. That's where my energy comes from. That's where the whole team's energy comes from.

"Playing hard on D, using each other and then getting good looks.”

About Nebraska Recruiting: :Mfclap: :Mfclap: :Mfclap:
“It was their coaching staff. They've been on me since early Day 1,” Mathurin said. “I think they were my second or third Division I offer. They've just been with me throughout my entire career and never backed off.

"They kept keeping in touch, kept coming to all my summer games, and all my high school games. It just really meant a lot to me.”

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back