• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2024 Spring Practice Thread: Thursday, April 25 Coach Rhule, Selected players available after practice

Hope he keeps it here and gets his chance
It's easy to see him starting at Nebraska at some point. Maybe winning it outright or by being just an ankle sprain away.

But for a while here he simply needs to be wherever he gets lots of reps and good coaching. Then he will end up with his best future. I think he already figured that out once. He appears to have a good head on his shoulders. The rest is que sera sera.

Last edited:
And yet another angle is that the coaches develop goals to play/rotate at least two QB's in a planned way. Not "if you make a mistake, we are pulling you" but in ways that maximize the strengths and minimize the weakness of both players and have contingencies and options for each that are in the game. We don't know what the coaches are going to do. Of course, all QB's being young players (including HH) will make mistakes. Coaches have an entire fall camp to learn what their strengths truly are and pair that with game planning for the O-line, receivers, etc. Another twist on this is capitalizing on matchups between our offensive guys, and the defensive personnel of our opponents. We face a team with a ball-hawking defensive backfield, but a few holes and weakness in run defense of their front 7? Run that GD football. And so it goes, choices and options.

My opinion only: I believe it would be unfair to DR, as brilliant as he may look, to pin the hopes and dreams of the State of Nebraska on him and his performance, EVEN if he's up to it. The kid needs constraints and boundaries while he is building himself physically and mentally into a championship player. He needs to know he has an entire team around him and the result of every game is NOT on his 18 year old shoulders. Pinning the results of the season on such a young lad is how you ruin promising young QB's. Ask Adrian Martinez...
Agree … I really wouldn’t be surprised to see HH start the opening game and there be some questions regarding who might be the starter for the CU game. It’s not that a true freshman 5* can’t beat a UTEP … it’s about managing the situation for the overall, long term best outcomes.

I expect to see both play anyway and DR to have substantial at least and likely the majority of snaps.

All that said, it would be pretty cool to see DR’s first pass completion or even TD go to HH … it would also be cool for HH return the favor too. :) Ah, to much time on the beach this week to ponder such wistful thoughts.

GBR!

Agree … I really wouldn’t be surprised to see HH start the opening game and there be some questions regarding who might be the starter for the CU game. It’s not that a true freshman 5* can’t beat a UTEP … it’s about managing the situation for the overall, long term best outcomes.

I expect to see both play anyway and DR to have substantial at least and likely the majority of snaps.

All that said, it would be pretty cool to see DR’s first pass completion or even TD go to HH … it would also be cool for HH return the favor too. :) Ah, to much time on the beach this week to ponder such wistful thoughts.

GBR!
GBR man. We are the natty champions of Spring football!!

Last edited:
Marcus Satterfield and E.J. Barthel should be speaking any minute now, plus a few players. Live stream will be added here when it gets under way.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back