• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2024 Spring Practice Thread: Thursday, April 25 Coach Rhule, Selected players available after practice

The Spring League thing is really kinda genius. There's the "gamification" part of it that the players probably like . . . they get to compete and keep score and have bragging rights and all that. Never underestimate the "fun" factor.

But the whole idea of making it less about just doing drills and the starters gettting reps . . . and making it more into "everyone gets to go out and just play football" is pretty clever. We'll see how it pans out, but it's a pretty cool strategy. You could see how players and recruits could see that as a difference maker.

The Spring League thing is really kinda genius. There's the "gamification" part of it that the players probably like . . . they get to compete and keep score and have bragging rights and all that. Never underestimate the "fun" factor.

But the whole idea of making it less about just doing drills and the starters gettting reps . . . and making it more into "everyone gets to go out and just play football" is pretty clever. We'll see how it pans out, but it's a pretty cool strategy. You could see how players and recruits could see that as a difference maker.
I think it's really cool the way they involved the guys that are out with injuries, too. Great way to keep them in the mix and connected.

Not an original thought, but I am really impressed over and over again when the coaches and players speak.
Grinders are always into something new

And the staff have live reps to use to coach guys on. The staff knows who's who, what part of a players game is weak or strong, so when they pit combinations against one another it makes for the best examples to learn and coach.
The team may hit getting things down later in the year, but they'll be in the right spots making the right choices right away.
Just like MR switched up tight coverage on the wrs, something our D doesn't do, but other teams do, playing someone different, or a differing scheme gives that experience quickly, even if technique is an ongoing thing.
Notice also the old guys are working on technique mainly, perfecting the final aspects of their game.

and I also noticed it shows Rhule adapting. Dvoracek said this was the first time they did this with Rhule as a player or coach.

and I also noticed it shows Rhule adapting. Dvoracek said this was the first time they did this with Rhule as a player or coach.
The next question to him should have been, have you ever been around as Young a team as this one is.
This may have been the prime motivator for this change.
59 kids the last two year, all but a handful rs or true freshman

Last edited:
Someone needs to buy Coach White a hat. When I watched the Presser on TV his face and head were very dark as if he had been in the sun too much. Skin cancer is no joke. Cover the head.
Maybe you should buy one for him. I'm sure he'll thank you for it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back