• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2024 Spring Practice Thread: Thursday, April 25 Coach Rhule, Selected players available after practice

I disagree, at least slightly. I agree that it is unfair to compare teams that have played their spring games to teams that haven't, but I still think it is significant that this coaching staff isn't losing guys who would be contributors to the transfer portal. Our players want to play for this staff. That speaks volumes, especially compared to what we were dealing with under Frost when guys like Wandale Robinson left.
Then end of the month is D day pretty much. You have to transfer if you want to play this year by then. That list isn't done for teams that have finished their spring games either.

I disagree, at least slightly. I agree that it is unfair to compare teams that have played their spring games to teams that haven't, but I still think it is significant that this coaching staff isn't losing guys who would be contributors to the transfer portal. Our players want to play for this staff. That speaks volumes, especially compared to what we were dealing with under Frost when guys like Wandale Robinson left.
In seriousness, I think the truth is in the middle. We will lose some people, especially since as I understand it we still have to in order to make scholarship limits. And at some point in future we will likely lose some we want to keep.

But from what I've seen so far, I firmly believe Rhule will habitually keep players he wants more than most other coaches are able to. I think he plans to make it a strategic advantage and I think he's highly capable of creating and maintain a culture that keeps high performers.

In seriousness, I think the truth is in the middle. We will lose some people, especially since as I understand it we still have to in order to make scholarship limits. And at some point in future we will likely lose some we want to keep.

But from what I've seen so far, I firmly believe Rhule will habitually keep players he wants more than most other coaches are able to. I think he plans to make it a strategic advantage and I think he's highly capable of creating and maintain a culture that keeps high performers.
He's going to county scholarship as much as possible

B1G Ranking: # of Players that Entered Transfer Portal in '24 (so far):
Illinois: 15
Michigan State: 15
Michigan: 11
Indiana: 10
Minnesota: 8
Northwestern: 8
Wisconsin: 7
Ohio State: 6
Penn State: 6
Purdue: 6
Maryland: 5
Iowa: 4
Rutgers: 3
Nebraska: 0

Credit MR and staff in creating a positive culture, trust and confidence in their leadership!!

GBR
The only team with 10 or more losses that is probably ok is Michigan. They were loaded last year. So some attrition likely to happen. The other three... I would be sweating if I were their fans. especially MSU and IL. 15 each that is crazy amounts of losses.

It’s a feel good story but still doesn’t mean much. Many of the players at those other schools also wanted to play for their coach but got cut to roster management. You just can’t compare it until it’s done.

A week from now if we are at 7-8 nobody will try to compare this.

Then end of the month is D day pretty much. You have to transfer if you want to play this year by then. That list isn't done for teams that have finished their spring games either.
The transfer portal isn’t just about who leaves. It’s about who gets cut. Quite truthfully, most staffs could likely turn over 8-10 a year if you are managing your roster well.

The transfer portal isn’t just about who leaves. It’s about who gets cut. Quite truthfully, most staffs could likely turn over 8-10 a year if you are managing your roster well.
If no one leaves its an easy math problem. 85 every year, Unlimited now in incoming, but HS still has limits with exceptions.
So anyone taking just say 22 a year are lazy and foolish, yet still requires at least three per year.
The commitments of years past have shifted from both sides, it now comes down to greatest helps being on the team and leaving from the staff.
Competent development plus decent cares for those not making the cut as in excellent referrals to other teams not necessarily in that programs future playing each other.
Those who want to leave you usually don't want if run the way above.
Though you still may help them, as motives often don't align.

It’s a feel good story but still doesn’t mean much. Many of the players at those other schools also wanted to play for their coach but got cut to roster management. You just can’t compare it until it’s done.

A week from now if we are at 7-8 nobody will try to compare this.
I don't think how many left means as much as who left. Compare 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th stringers that left and it means something.

I don't think how many left means as much as who left. Compare 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th stringers that left and it means something.
Except…..the post starting this discussion focused on the pure numbers. I agree. There are a bunch of things to factor in other than just numbers.

I do not disagree. It is hard to believe that when you get to 15. There aren't at least a few that matter in that number.

For the record. Despite his denials. Prime lost at least a few good ones.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back