• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2024 Spring Practice Thread: Thursday, April 25 Coach Rhule, Selected players available after practice

I find it interesting that both DR and DK were throwing flat footed. Why would you practice different than a game rep? Train how you fight.
I agree. When you practice like you play you wont fall into bad habits under stress.

where are you seeing that? im a bit behind and haven't seen what your talking about but my first thought is that the mechanics of a golf swing is often broke down into segments. same thing with a QB. upper body mechanics, lower body mechanics... fix/work on one thing at a time. As a QB, and your feet are all over the place, can't see how you could do any mechanical fixes/work on upper body improvement if your foot, hips, torso, release point... are all over. start with one thing and move down the line so that by game time everything is working in harmony.
i was in a band once (not really, but the though of it) and when we rehearsed, they didn't let me sing. they said they were working on the rhythm first before introducing the vocals. once they got that down and were ready for vocals, all they had to do was tell me i couldn't sing and found someone that could and it was magic. my hypothetical is that the band would never have developed any rhythm with my horrible vocals messing everything up.

where are you seeing that? im a bit behind and haven't seen what your talking about but my first thought is that the mechanics of a golf swing is often broke down into segments. same thing with a QB. upper body mechanics, lower body mechanics... fix/work on one thing at a time. As a QB, and your feet are all over the place, can't see how you could do any mechanical fixes/work on upper body improvement if your foot, hips, torso, release point... are all over. start with one thing and move down the line so that by game time everything is working in harmony.
i was in a band once (not really, but the though of it) and when we rehearsed, they didn't let me sing. they said they were working on the rhythm first before introducing the vocals. once they got that down and were ready for vocals, all they had to do was tell me i couldn't sing and found someone that could and it was magic. my hypothetical is that the band would never have developed any rhythm with my horrible vocals messing everything up.
Some of the practice video.

ok, I haven't really seen much that would give me pause.
It was just a short clip and was not that interesting. Sometimes QBs do practice throwing in weird ways, like how to conserve arm strength on some throws. The 2 Freshman QBs were certainly being a little lazy in the clip being referenced. Maybe it was not an actual drill.

All I care about is the ball getting where it's supposed to go, when it's supposed to get there. When you watch Raiola in games, he just has the look of a kid born to be a QB . . . not a kid born to be an athlete who happens to toss a football a little. We haven't had a QB who could flick the pigskin 40 yards with seemingly minimal effort and on target in a really long time.

Kaelin looks pretty good, too, from what I have seen. He's had some high throws in the practive film, but they'll get that figured out. He looks to have a pretty good arm.

All I care about is the ball getting where it's supposed to go, when it's supposed to get there. When you watch Raiola in games, he just has the look of a kid born to be a QB . . . not a kid born to be an athlete who happens to toss a football a little. We haven't had a QB who could flick the pigskin 40 yards with seemingly minimal effort and on target in a really long time.

Kaelin looks pretty good, too, from what I have seen. He's had some high throws in the practive film, but they'll get that figured out. He looks to have a pretty good arm.
I'm so glad we got both of them.
If Raiola wasn't the #1 qb or didn't exist we would be thrilled with DK, he's a baller.

May the best man win, but Raiola is on a different level

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back