• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2024 QBs in the Portal

Getting the vibe that the staff is looking to bring both a young guy and a proven starter. Rumor has it they are looking at McCord as well.
McCord would fit both of those criteria.

Going to be an interesting week. I wouldn't anticipate many of these higher profile QBs being on the market very long.

To protect myself from more NU disappointment my standards for a QB have been drastically reduced. 56%completions, 2/1 int ratio, 2000 yds, with at least 16 passing TDs. Have that and NU goes to a bowl. Don't need a super QB for that, just a competent one.
And you don’t think we have that?

I know we desperately need help at the QB position, but do we run the risk of alienating guys like Kaelin who put a lot of effort in helping recruit guys like Hall, Brix, Carter, etc.? Especially if we go after one or two younger guys, rather than a stop-gap? I get the need, but also seems to be little consideration for the development (and loyalty) of Danny.

Last edited:

I didn't read this thread yet, but I would kind of like to see OU's QB Dillon Gabriel at Nebraska.

I should add, if he's healthy after what ever injury he suffered.

Last edited:

McCord would fit both of those criteria.

Going to be an interesting week. I wouldn't anticipate many of these higher profile QBs being on the market very long.
I see the chances of us landing McCord at less than 1%. If we land someone of his caliber I will forgive all of Satterfield's idiotic play calls this year.

Last edited:

Because as a kid I had to wear Wrangler jeans when everyone else was wearing Levis. If it was good enough for me...

;)

You must've been rich. My mom bought me Toughskins.

I remember graduating from Rustler jeans to Wrangler. Those were the days :cool:

As far as competing with Lincoln Riley for a QB, there is a lot more than NIL involved. His name and experience probably doubles what we need to offer in NIL. Can someone explain the Nebraska economy vs. LA to these young chaps so we can get someone on an equitable level? ;)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks