• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2024 National Teams

Also, rumor has it that 5 of the 6 current and future Huskers among the 20 competing for the USA U21 national team were selected for the final team — though the official announcement for that team is pending.

While talking of Huskers and national teams, Husker commits Robinson (‘26’) and Ogbechie (‘25) are on the national U19 team that will play next month in Honduras.

To summarize:
3 former Huskers again made Olympic team;
3 current Huskers are on the national collegiate USA team that will play in the Dominican Republic;
4 current or future Huskers are on the USA U21 team that will play in Toronto (and 2 more were alternates); and
2 future Huskers are on the U19 USA team that will play in Honduras.
EDIT: Larson was entering class of 2005; Robinson is entering class of 2026. 21 years is the Husker span on current national teams.

Last edited:
USA beats Suriname 25-10, 5, 9. Nice level of effort but clearly overmatched. Some attacks were so quick and hit so hard the Suriname six look like unmoved statues.

The USA U21 team at the PANAM tournament beat Mexico 33-31, 27-25, 25-14. The ladies looked a bit flat to me (48 attacks, 14 blocks) and Lexi has been better, missing a few attacks she normally digs. In all fairness, she wasn't getting freedom to use that great quickness she has to roam the back row.

Last edited:
The USA U21 team at the PANAM tournament beat Mexico 33-31, 27-25, 25-14. The ladies looked a bit flat to me (48 attacks, 14 blocks) and Lexi has been better, missing a few attacks she normally digs. In all fairness, she wasn't getting freedom to use that great quickness she has to roam the back row.
Still, her stats — Rodriguez: 14 digs, 71% excellent* on 14 passes, 1 error — are outstanding.

Still, her stats — Rodriguez: 14 digs, 71% excellent* on 14 passes, 1 error — are outstanding.
Lexi was excellent and showed why she is the best libero in the college ranks. I saw Beason for all of one point, which is too bad. It's not like Babcock, who started ahead of Beason, was playing a great match. I hope Beason starts in the next game.

Lexi was excellent and showed why she is the best libero in the college ranks. I saw Beason for all of one point, which is too bad. It's not like Babcock, who started ahead of Beason, was playing a great match. I hope Beason starts in the next game.
Alabama Writer Anthony Hanner wrote:
"If you had the ability to create a women's volleyball player, like you can create players on a video game, she would have all the attributes of Merritt Beason. The height, the intellect, the drive, the vertical leap, the skill set and the character and personality."

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back