• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2024 Bellevue West QB Daniel Kaelin. De-Commits From Missouri

Sensitive? Relax, I think Rhule can circle back here to get him if he ultimately misses on Raiola.
Logic is ironclad. Kaelin is rightfully looking out for himself.

I've decided not to stress out until December when it comes to recruiting - it's a blood pressure decision.

Yep. Plenty of discussion among others that if we want him, we can get him later. Makes perfect sense for him to commit somewhere right now. If we get DR, great. If not, we'll come back to Kaelin or the other big Nebraska QB (can't remember his name).

I might be in the minority, but I don't think the door would be completely closed on Raiola if he commits to USC or Georgia. I'd be surprised, for sure, but I don't think it'd be a done deal as much as I did when he picked Ohio State after Frost completely botched his recruitment. It would be Lloyd Christmas-esque, but I've seen bigger surprises.

One of the bigger detriments working against Nebraska is that there isn't a real proof of concept, so to speak, with Rhule in Lincoln right now. Sure he did his thing at Temple and Baylor, but he's been out of the college game for 3 years and he's taking over a program that is the only Power Five school to not reach a bowl game since 2016. There's some serious "trust the process" involved in that, and he has longer relationships with his other finalists. Two teams that on paper are much better options.

You're going against the best program in the country in Georgia, the team that offered him first. They lost their OC, but the new guy was the OC when Stafford was there and that's one of Raiola’s biggest mentors. Bobo was so well respected that he got a HC opportunity for his efforts as a OC.

Riley has already proven his program translates and thrives elsewhere. He went to 3 playoffs in five years at Oklahoma and won 11 games his first year with the Trojans - while adding a 3rd Heisman winner to his resume. He's the most respected offensive mind in the country.

Raiola knows what he'd be getting with those schools. He knows they'd be in the playoffs every year he's there. They're proven commodities. Nebraska isn't and that's a big hurdle to overcome.

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but Satterfield's offense is also an issue he's vetting while doing his pros and cons. Satterfield has never been regarded as an offensive guru and spent most of his time at South Carolina being criticized and on the hot seat. I'm not saying he won't put together a system that will lead to wins at Nebraska, but he's never had an offense that really shows off the QB. Obviously he'd tweak it to Raiola’s strengths and that might not even be an issue. But again, that hasn't been the case yet.

Glad our fan base can entertain you.

dramatic-cry.gif

I might be in the minority, but I don't think the door would be completely closed on Raiola if he commits to USC or Georgia. I'd be surprised, for sure, but I don't think it'd be a done deal as much as I did when he picked Ohio State after Frost completely botched his recruitment. It would be Lloyd Christmas-esque, but I've seen bigger surprises.

One of the bigger detriments working against Nebraska is that there isn't a real proof of concept, so to speak, with Rhule in Lincoln right now. Sure he did his thing at Temple and Baylor, but he's been out of the college game for 3 years and he's taking over a program that is the only Power Five school to not reach a bowl game since 2016. There's some serious "trust the process" involved in that, and he has longer relationships with his other finalists. Two teams that on paper are much better options.

You're going against the best program in the country in Georgia, the team that offered him first. They lost their OC, but the new guy was the OC when Stafford was there and that's one of Raiola’s biggest mentors. Bobo was so well respected that he got a HC opportunity for his efforts as a OC.

Riley has already proven his program translates and thrives elsewhere. He went to 3 playoffs in five years at Oklahoma and won 11 games his first year with the Trojans - while adding a 3rd Heisman winner to his resume. He's the most respected offensive mind in the country.

Raiola knows what he'd be getting with those schools. He knows they'd be in the playoffs every year he's there. They're proven commodities. Nebraska isn't and that's a big hurdle to overcome.

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but Satterfield's offense is also an issue he's vetting while doing his pros and cons. Satterfield has never been regarded as an offensive guru and spent most of his time at South Carolina being criticized and on the hot seat. I'm not saying he won't put together a system that will lead to wins at Nebraska, but he's never had an offense that really shows off the QB. Obviously he'd tweak it to Raiola’s strengths and that might not even be an issue. But again, that hasn't been the case yet.
That is torrential...but probably accurate. If he comes to Lincoln its because he loves the program and trusts he's going to be successful regardless. Our only logical hope is dad and uncle and how much of a fan the family is.

Agreed, Nebraska is the "this makes very little sense to commit here, now" place for someone like DR. Riley is the best QB coach in the country, hands down. Ga. is obviously an amazing team, likely make the playoffs at least 2 of DR's 4 years. The surrounding cast will be amazing.

Nebraska is still a giant question mark. I love that we're taking our shot here and this could speed up Rhule's takeover/transition. If I'm DR I'm going to USC. If Nebraska looks good in 2 years or so, I can always transfer.

I hope he doesn't do that, I hope he comes here. I would love to see him help us land a top 15 class and propel us back to the top of the CFB world.

At SC,when the QB play picked up, they beat Clemson and Tennessee.
So,was it Sat getting through and making the QB better?
Was it the QB settling down in Sats offense? Was it only the QB doing it all on his own?
We do know that Sats offense scored more than Clemson and Tennessee

Agreed, Nebraska is the "this makes very little sense to commit here, now" place for someone like DR. Riley is the best QB coach in the country, hands down. Ga. is obviously an amazing team, likely make the playoffs at least 2 of DR's 4 years. The surrounding cast will be amazing.

Nebraska is still a giant question mark. I love that we're taking our shot here and this could speed up Rhule's takeover/transition. If I'm DR I'm going to USC. If Nebraska looks good in 2 years or so, I can always transfer.

I hope he doesn't do that, I hope he comes here. I would love to see him help us land a top 15 class and propel us back to the top of the CFB world.

If I’m DR I go to Nebraska because I can put my arm on film as an underclassman guaranteed. Then I keep my eye on other programs if Rhule’s vision isn’t working out and transfer to USC or GA (or wherever).

There is absolutely no guarantee he will ever get meaningful playing time at USC or GA. Nebraska can actually promise that to him.

Am I wrong, though? There will be two camps. One will swear he's committing because he knows Raiola has his spot. The other will panic because "we're going to miss out on both."

I've said that Kaelin will commit before Raiola, either way. He knows he's plan B and choosing somewhere else - knowing he can always circle back - is a better optic than committing elsewhere after Raiola does. I still personally think Raiola or Kaelin is your class QB in the end, and I still think it's going to be Raiola.
Well hopefully we get one of them. I'm not a certain as you unfortunately.

If I’m DR I go to Nebraska because I can put my arm on film as an underclassman guaranteed. Then I keep my eye on other programs if Rhule’s vision isn’t working out and transfer to USC or GA (or wherever).

There is absolutely no guarantee he will ever get meaningful playing time at USC or GA. Nebraska can actually promise that to him.
If this was 10 years ago, I'd agree. But the portal changes that equation.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back