• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2023 Spring Practice: Friday 21 April Coach Solich To Meet With The Media 1:45 PM

What's funny is I was a fan of bringing Whipple into the fold ... I felt a legitimate play caller would give this team an identity. I thought an old man with a ton of NFL/Collegiate coaching experience knew how to run an offense ... :Facepalm:

I guess maybe that last part is what Scott Frost thought too. I am assuming anyway.

On to bagging on Whipple. He was a funny dude..... could never pass up a moment to drop his NFL pedigree into and interview..... constantly having to justify his existence as a veteran savvy coach.... Yes, we get it.... you held the urine sample cup for Tom Brady... good job, Whip.

0CC1195E-CFBA-4B71-8661-61AA4D9790F3.jpeg

It wasn’t the O-Line it was Whipple. The guy was arrogant and totally clueless. I could’ve done a better game plan and called a better game.
Unlike many, I was never a fan of Whipple coming here after watching his Minutemen offense for many years. But to blame Whipple when we've had an ongoing issue in the trenches is a bit lazy in my opinion. The O-Line has been terrible for years and the problems ran deeper than just play calling/scheme.

If you see dramatic changes this year, it won't be because of Satterfield alone.

Hell, I'll bet money right now Satterfield will be the first target of Husker fan ire this season. His performance through the years has been "meh."

He did it HIS WAAAY.Agree there,round peg square hole
https://**************.com/2023/03/30/spring-2023-position-previews-offensive-line/?amp=1

But I have to be honest, i’m actually intrigued with what this position group COULD be. It’s well documented that I thought our S&C was doing our guys a disservice by just trying to add weight on guys while our OC and HC simultaneously wanted a “spread you out” offense that put our guys in space when they couldn’t freaking move. I was just screaming for us to go more north and south, if we are going to recruit and try to make massive humans, don’t make them go lateral. Get people moving towards the endzone not the sideline. I think Rhule’s offense will do just that, and further he will be able to develop guys at a much better and faster pace.

Last edited:
Unlike many, I was never a fan of Whipple coming here after watching his Minutemen offense for many years. But to blame Whipple when we've had an ongoing issue in the trenches is a bit lazy in my opinion. The O-Line has been terrible for years and the problems ran deeper than just play calling/scheme.

If you see dramatic changes this year, it won't be because of Satterfield alone.

Hell, I'll bet money right now Satterfield will be the first target of Husker fan ire this season. His performance through the years has been "meh."
He won't be here more than 2 years IMO. Not super impressive but maybe I'm wrong.

If Jesus was the OC, over half of the husker fans would say he was an idiot and had no clue and should be fired.
No OC can withstand it.
Quite frankly its that way at most high profile schools. fans are stupid

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back