• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2023 Scholarship Numbers

What happens if they don't have enough players leave voluntarily? Seems like a bad look to me to kick people off the team because we over-recruited, and I really hope it doesn't come to that.

That's my concern as well, but they have to have a ballpark of how many guys are leaving or thinking about leaving. I can't imagine taking on this many new players knowing you might have to cut 10-15 holdover players.

That's my concern as well, but they have to have a ballpark of how many guys are leaving or thinking about leaving. I can't imagine taking on this many new players knowing you might have to cut 10-15 holdover players.
Creates a heck of a competitive spring don't it. I’m liking it I’m liking it. I looked at the roster and tried to create a list. “If I had to cut 10-15 players, which ones would it be?” Seriously it was hard to get to 13. There are so many unknowns about most of these players that made my list because we I haven’t seen them. So this list is very unscientific. These coaches are going to evaluate the heck out of these guys this spring so we will be left with the most competitive 85 players we’ve had in many years.
COMPETITION MY FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!! GBR and remember “keep the faith”

Last edited:
Creates a heck of a competitive spring don't it. I’m liking it I’m liking it. I looked at the roster and tried to create a list. “If I had to cut 10-15 players, which ones would it be?” Seriously it was hard to get to 13. There are so many unknowns about most of these players that made my list because we I haven’t seen them. So this list is very unscientific. These coaches are going to evaluate the heck out of these guys this spring so we will be left with the most competitive 85 players we’ve had in many years.
PM me your list. I'm curious what you're thinking.

What happens if they don't have enough players leave voluntarily? Seems like a bad look to me to kick people off the team because we over-recruited, and I really hope it doesn't come to that.

That's what I was wondering. I keep picturing those videos we've seen of people being dragged kicking and screaming off an airplane when an airlines overbooked.

On the plus side, the 85 that will be left will have A LOT of talent, and it's just up to the coaches to mold them into a good team. Not drinking the kool-aid yet, but getting pretty optimistic about the team's potential.

I'm all for competition. I'm not for not honoring a scholarship and just cutting players. And I don't think this staff would do that, so I'm not jumping to any conclusions.

I'm all for competition. I'm not for not honoring a scholarship and just cutting players. And I don't think this staff would do that, so I'm not jumping to any conclusions.
I think you'll see medicals, portal, and 1 or 2 that quit playing. Maybe get into coaching.

I think we're going to have a Spring rarely seen this century. Lots of chances to prove yourself, all live hitting. Should be great.

Keep in mind this is totally unscientific. It in my nature to like and support every player nebraska recruits. So this goes against my nature to suggest we cut anybody. Here it goes:
T. Johnson, B. Clark, C Hickman, Gbayor, Malcom, Kwai, Morton, Bretz, Williams, Hardy, Purdy, Jones, Hill. That’s 13. I’m 100% behind development so this is tough. Interested in your thoughts publicly or privately
Keep in mind this is totally unscientific. It in my nature to like and support every player nebraska recruits. So this goes against my nature to suggest we cut anybody. Here it goes:
T. Johnson, B. Clark, C Hickman, Gbayor, Malcom, Kwai, Morton, Bretz, Williams, Hardy, Purdy, Jones, Hill. That’s 13. I’m 100% behind development so this is tough. Interested in your thoughts publicly or privately
There are plenty others besides those guys. Looking at roster on huskers.com there are a lot of guys on there I haven't heard of. Not saying that some of these guys won't be gone

I think you'll see medicals, portal, and 1 or 2 that quit playing. Maybe get into coaching.

I think we're going to have a Spring rarely seen this century. Lots of chances to prove yourself, all live hitting. Should be great.

Yeah, and that's normal attrition. But they are so far over right now and apparenlty still adding.

Guess I have a question? Do the guys on portal go on scholarship right away or do they have to wait until fall? I assume all the portal guys will practice right away

The biggest problem for spring is reps. You will have kids that dont get a chance to prove themselves because there just arent enough reps available. I understand thats the way it has to be but it is kind of a bummer.

I totally get it. I’m hoping like heck that 15 players decide on their own. But the math is there, Ruhle has forced this predicament.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back