• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2023 PG, Simeon Wilcher, 6-4, 165 lbs, Roselle Catholic (NJ) - Offered > UNC > Decommit > St. John's (Walk-on)

The Washut article said that Simeon Wilcher hasn't been contacted by UNL and Simeon isn't as interested in playing with CJ as he was a couple years ago. Doesn't mean they won't contact him I guess. Maybe they have some people that are close to signing?

Also, Mongolian Mike is really interested in SF because there are five thousand Mongolian nationals living in San Francisco.
Interesting. Makes sense. Wilcher wants to create his own path. I’m sure Hoiberg has at least reached out by now. Only thing I saw on twitter was that Wilcher was heading to St. John’s. We all know how Pitino operates..

Are we still in the mix with anyone else if we strike out on Mike? Wouldn’t be surprised to eventually see Sam Hoiberg go on scholarship if we have one left over. He had a great finish to the year.

Interesting. Makes sense. Wilcher wants to create his own path. I’m sure Hoiberg has at least reached out by now. Only thing I saw on twitter was that Wilcher was heading to St. John’s. We all know how Pitino operates..

Are we still in the mix with anyone else if we strike out on Mike? Wouldn’t be surprised to eventually see Sam Hoiberg go on scholarship if we have one left over. He had a great finish to the year.
I'm pretty sure that Sam is half-price because as an employee of UNL you and your family get 15 free credit hours per scholastic year. Also has a rich parent. I think Cale Jacobsen is equally likely to get a scholarship for a year.

It would be amazeballs if Simeon decided to come to Nebraska... like Bryce McGowens big except coming into a team that can support him potentially. I thought maybe Hunter Sallis could make that impact, but just wasn't meant to happen now.

I'm pretty sure that Sam is half-price because as an employee of UNL you and your family get 15 free credit hours per scholastic year. Also has a rich parent. I think Cale Jacobsen is equally likely to get a scholarship for a year.

It would be amazeballs if Simeon decided to come to Nebraska... like Bryce McGowens big except coming into a team that can support him potentially. I thought maybe Hunter Sallis could make that impact, but just wasn't meant to happen now.
Yeah, I was considering that as well. However, you do see a lot of coach's kids on scholarship. It's kind of a mixed bag. If he ends up playing as many minutes this year as he did down the stretch last year, you never know.

I was excited to see Jacobsen come on board. He tore us up his senior year. Granted, he did that to almost everyone that year though.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back