• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2023 PF, Ava Jones, Nickerson HS (KS) - Offered > AZ State (Decommitted) > Iowa

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
2023 PF, Ava Jones, Nickerson HS (KS) - Offered (Huskers make her top 7) > AZ State Decommitted > Iowa

Last edited:

I don't know whether we've contacted her or not since she de-committed fm Az State.

Doesn't seem like Huskers have re-offered.

Excerpt from Ava Jone's summary of her recent OV to Iowa:

"Since her decommitment from the Sun Devils, Jones has taken visits to Kansas (April), Texas Tech (April), Kansas State (June) and Oklahoma State (June). She tells me that she will be taking visits to Missouri State and Oregon State to wrap up the month of June. Her offer list since her decommitment also includes Drake, Wichita State, Tulsa, Ohio State, TCU and Minnesota. Her current plan is to cut her list down and ultimately make a final decision in mid-July."

I don't believe we even contacted Ava after her decommitment fm Az ST. Something must have happened. :(

Tragic news on the Jones Family!!! Prayers to the family (they were hit by an impaired driver who was not licensed, while standing on a sidewalk.) :Cry:

Iowa basketball commit Ava Jones and her parents were injured after a car hit them Tuesday night in Louisville, Kentucky. Jones' father, Trey Jones, later died from his injuries.(From GoFundMe page, "Jones Family Fund," organized by Natalie Martin.)

I've attended several iowa games this year and the support Jones has been getting from the University and team is to be commended. She's shown in the roster video on the big screen during pregame and is still partvof the team even though not able to play. Just a tragic story.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back