• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2023 Nebraska Spring Game Thread (4/22/23): Coach Rhule, Players available after scrimmage

One thing regarding the D is that coaching is significantly better than we have had. Much more aggressive; putting six guys on the line of scrimmage against a five man front (what a concept) and much better tacking. Really going to be fun to watch the maturation of the freshmen.

IMG_3246.jpeg

Incomplete stats, needs more context.

At first blush from the above tweet, looks like they're saying the number of Nebraska players on the roster has dropped 40%.

Missing from this data is that the 1995 roster was 199 players. There's no official roster for 2023 yet because trimming is still on the table, but the 2022 final roster was 149 players.

78 out of 199 is 39%.

47 out of 149 is 32%.

A 7% drop of Nebraska representation on the roster over 28 years isn't great, but it's also nowhere near the 40% implied.

Thanks for that clarification, fjbfour! I had wondered about variables when I posted that tweet. It’s always tricky comparing stats from different eras.

Incomplete stats, needs more context.

At first blush from the above tweet, looks like they're saying the number of Nebraska players on the roster has dropped 40%.

Missing from this data is that the 1995 roster was 199 players. There's no official roster for 2023 yet because trimming is still on the table, but the 2022 final roster was 149 players.

78 out of 199 is 39%.

47 out of 149 is 32%.

A 7% drop of Nebraska representation on the roster over 28 years isn't great, but it's also nowhere near the 40% implied.

Was thinking about strength and condition, as well as nutrition. I though that Richard Torres built up that frame well. I was thinking he was a beanpole in high school.

What are some other body changes that stood out?

Goes to show what you can do with the types of resources good ol Nebraska U has.

Before 1923 ..... Nebraska Field https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nebraska_Field. Same location as Memorial but unique east-to-west field. Usually aligned north-to-south.

November 30, 1922, the final game at Nebraska Field, Huskers beat Notre Dame's famed Four Horsemen and HC Knute Rockne.
640px-Nebraska_field_panoramic.jpg

Original design plan but shelved. No oval ends as originally intended. I think west and east stands was identical.
nebraska-memorial-stadium-original-plan.jpg

Memorial Stadium. If you build it, he will come .....
memorial-stadium-with-field-house.jpg

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back