• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2023 Nebraska as predicted by AI

DuckTownHusker

Blackshirt Sith Lord
10 Year Member
I asked AI to write up a prediction for the 2023 Cornhuskers.

I think our jobs are safe from AI for a while:

The Nebraska Cornhuskers are coming off a disappointing 3-9 season in 2022. However, there is reason for optimism heading into 2023. The team returns a number of key players, including quarterback Adrian Martinez, running backs Rahmir Johnson and Markese Stepp, and wide receiver Samori Toure. The Cornhuskers also have a new head coach in Scott Frost, who is known for his offensive prowess.

Frost has said that he wants to see the Cornhuskers play an up-tempo, spread offense in 2023. If the team can execute his game plan, they could be a dangerous team in the Big Ten West. However, the Cornhuskers will need to improve their defense if they want to make a bowl game.

Here is a prediction for the Nebraska Cornhuskers 2023 football season:

• Overall record: 7-6
  • Big Ten West record: 4-4
  • Bowl game: Quick Lane Bowl
The Cornhuskers will have a tough schedule in 2023, but they have the talent to win seven games. If they can stay healthy and execute Frost's game plan, they could be a dangerous team in the Big Ten West.

The Nebraska Cornhuskers are coming off a disappointing 3-9 season in 2022. However, there is reason for optimism heading into 2023. The team returns a number of key players, including quarterback Adrian Martinez, running backs Rahmir Johnson and Markese Stepp, and wide receiver Samori Toure. The Cornhuskers also have a new head coach in Scott Frost, who is known for his offensive prowess.

Frost has said that he wants to see the Cornhuskers play an up-tempo, spread offense in 2023. If the team can execute his game plan, they could be a dangerous team in the Big Ten West. However, the Cornhuskers will need to improve their defense if they want to make a bowl game.

The Cornhuskers will have a tough schedule in 2023, but they have the talent to win seven games. If they can stay healthy and execute Frost's game plan, they could be a dangerous team in the Big Ten West.
Excited to see what this Frost guy can do with this "offensive prowess". Should help to have an NFL wide receiver on the field, though.

Obviously wrought with incorrect "facts." The problem with AI is that as it gets better and better it will be more and more difficult to winnow out the chaff and easier to accept incorrect data as correct.
The latest scam is simulating someone's voice so as to be indistiguishable from the actual person and using it to make calls to fish for accounts numbers, etc. Families should establish "passwords" to authenticate identity over the phone.

Isn't the term "artificial intelligence" an oxymoron?

How can something be intelligent if it is artificial?

Think the above with Frost, Martinez, Stepp, etc for 2023 is proof

Obviously wrought with incorrect "facts." The problem with AI is that as it gets better and better it will be more and more difficult to winnow out the chaff and easier to accept incorrect data as correct.
The latest scam is simulating someone's voice so as to be indistiguishable from the actual person and using it to make calls to fish for accounts numbers, etc. Families should establish "passwords" to authenticate identity over the phone.

In my family, it's more like, "oh yeah, dad farted again - it's him."

So... I got a bit better response, albeit from a "simpler" prompt. Here's my "ask" and ChatGPT's response (which took less than one minute for ChatGPT to compose):

The Nth Degree: Why has the Nebraska Football program struggled over the past 15 years?

ChatGPT: The Nebraska Football program has indeed faced challenges and struggled to achieve the level of success it enjoyed in previous decades. Several factors have contributed to these struggles over the past 15 years:
  1. Coaching instability: The program has experienced frequent coaching changes, which can disrupt player development, recruiting efforts, and overall team stability. Coaches play a crucial role in setting a team's direction, implementing effective strategies, and building a winning culture. The lack of continuity in coaching staff can hinder long-term progress.
  2. Recruiting challenges: Nebraska's location can present recruiting challenges, as it is not situated in a traditional hotbed for high school football talent. The program has had to compete with other schools that have closer proximity to talent-rich regions, making it more difficult to consistently attract top recruits.
  3. Increased competitiveness: College football has become more competitive overall, with many programs investing heavily in facilities, resources, and coaching staff. Nebraska has struggled to keep up with the rising standards of other successful programs, both in terms of on-field performance and off-field infrastructure.
  4. Shift in conference dynamics: The Cornhuskers' move from the Big 12 Conference to the Big Ten Conference in 2011 introduced new challenges. The Big Ten has traditionally been a more physical and competitive conference, and Nebraska has had to adjust to a different style of play and stronger opponents.
  5. Inconsistent player development: Developing talent and maximizing player potential is crucial for sustained success. In recent years, Nebraska has faced difficulties in consistently developing players to their full potential, which can impact on-field performance and the overall competitiveness of the team.
Addressing these challenges and regaining past success requires a comprehensive and coordinated effort from the coaching staff, athletic department, and university administration. Building a stable coaching foundation, improving recruiting strategies, investing in resources, and prioritizing player development are some key areas that can help the program regain its competitive edge.

Last edited:

Try perplexity? Just a thought:

Prediction:
The Nebraska Cornhuskers may finish the 2023 season with a record of 7-5 according to CFN

ESPN's FPI predicts Nebraska's 2023 season to be 5.7-6.3 on the season, with a 54.7 percent chance of winning six games

Nebraska may lose their first game of the season against Minnesota according to Saturday Blitz

Nebraska may win six games according to ESPN's FPI

Properly coached talent may lead to a successful season for Nebraska according to Athlon Sports

Analysis:
The Nebraska Cornhuskers may have a successful season under Matt Rhule's coaching, but it is unclear how much of an impact he will have in his first season

Nebraska's roster has led to tempered optimism, but Rhule's history of transforming lesser programs into physically dominant teams is a source of optimism for the Cornhuskers' future

Nebraska's success in the 2023 season may depend on their ability to address key roster issues and improve situational football

Nebraska's first game of the season against Minnesota may set the tone for the rest of the season

It is unclear how much of an impact Rhule will have in his first season coaching Nebraska, but there is potential for the Cornhuskers to have a successful 2023 season under his coaching

Just curious: is this the AI program that was cut off from the internet after 2019? That would explain some elements of the response.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back