• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2022 Walk-On Commits

TheOneders

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
2022 walk-on commit thread.

High School
  1. Cooper Hausmann S Norris (Firth, NE)
  2. Luke Lindenmeyer TE Papillion-La Vista (Papillion, NE)
  3. Roman Mangini WR Desert Ridge (Mesa, AZ)
  4. Blake Miller ATH Lourdes Central Catholic (Nebraska City, NE)
  5. Dylan Parrott OG North Scott High (Eldridge, IA)
  6. Mikey Pauley QB Blue Valley Northwest (Overland Park, KS)
  7. Charlie Weinrich K Blue Valley (Stilwell, KS)
Transfer
  1. Jacob Hohl P Nebraska Wesleyan
  2. Brandon Moore S UCF/Florida State
  3. Spencer Pankratz K Furman
  4. Brady Weas LS Georgetown

Last edited:

Great to see that some in-state kids are still excited about the opportunity to play for NU!
Honestly, this is probably about as good of recruiting news as we are going to get for a little while.

Commit #4 - QB Mikey Pauley from Overland Park, KS. Plans to play baseball and also join the football team.

*I never added Mikey Pauley's commitment tweet.*

Last edited:
Added transfer walk-on K Spencer Pankratz from Furman. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he'll be a redshirt freshman. He was a true freshman in 2020 and 2021. Doesn't look like he played in 2021.

Added transfer walk-on K Spencer Pankratz from Furman. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he'll be a redshirt freshman. He was a true freshman in 2020 and 2021. Doesn't look like he played in 2021.

Another Valor Christian recruit out of Colorado

He was born in Lincoln

Dad alum of Hastings College

Thus Nebraska roots

2020 HS graduate

Last edited:

Three Nebraska high school walk-ons this year after 20, 17, and 15 the last three years. Is this because the Covid year has too many walk-on players still around, or have we soured again on the walk-on program?

Last edited:

Three Nebraska high school walk-ons this year after 20, 17, and 15 the last three years. Is this because the Covid year has too many walk-on players still around, or have we soured again on the walk-on program?
Honestly, I'm not sure. I'm kind of surprised by the lack of walk-on recruiting this past season especially with the talent level being so high in the state this year.

On a side note - I watched Luke Lindenmeyer play basketball this past week. Great athlete. Doesn't look much like a basketball player - not flashy or anything. But he sure can make plays and sees the court very well for a big guy. Even got a technical for talking a little too much, but had a great game overall. Will Hubert (Iowa walk-on commit) only played like 5 minutes if that.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back