• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2022 Transfer Portal (i.e. Deadlines, Rules, etc)

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
Some new Deadlines in this years' Transfer Portal!!!!

As I understand it, this year the deadline to declare for the draft is April 24th, (players will have up to June 1st to withdraw and remain eligible for college).

Here is a good article I saw posted elsewhere :Redface: that explains the Transfer Portal and Rules: (not basketball specific and applicable to all sports)

Everything student-athletes need to know about transferring schools.

What is the transfer portal?​

The NCAA transfer portal is a digital tool that was created in 2018 to streamline the college transfer process for student-athletes..............................

Just a little update on the Transfer Portal:

NCAA wants a 'window' rather than a (May 1st) 'Deadline' to 'stabilize the transfer environment.'

Here's a comment I found elsewhere:
Interesting that half of portal players go unsigned. It's often portrayed as "looking for greener pastures" but these kids are far more likely to be the ones who were "encouraged" to look elsewhere. If you're somebody like Serge, you can always transfer down from a power league to a mid or low major, but the low major kids have few options. I think UNO had 4 scholarship players leave and all are still unsigned.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back