• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2022 Summer Leagues

pRED

IN PLAY, RUN(S)
5 Year Member
Just a real quick one on what I'm seeing on the pretty positive side of things from a few of the guys, offensively speaking. As of July 8.

Max, after a slowish start with the Wareham Gatemen in the prestigious Cape Cod League, is hitting 0.283 in over 100 plate appearances. Only one homer, but roughly equal Ks to BBs. Playing 3B, seems to have made no errors.

Brice, with the St. Cloud Rox in the North Woods League, is up to 0.327 on roughly 145 PAs, a near-0.500 OBP, with five homers. Has 31 Ks, but 28 BBs (also eight HBP). Three errors in 86 chances in field, that's an improvement the team will need.

Josh Caron, with 150-plus PAs for the Madison Mallards in the same North Woods League, is hitting 0.299 with six homers and 22 RBI. Also getting his share of BBs with 22 against 31 Ks.

Seeing Luke Sartori hitting 0.271 with the NWL's Kokomo Jackrabbits on over 100 PAs.

Garrett Anglim, with the Anchorage Bucs in the Alaska Baseball League, is batting 0.264, with 100 PAs. Two homers and 18 runs scored.

Please add to this at will and on interest!

Last edited:
Just a real quick one on what I'm seeing on the pretty positive side of things from a few of the guys, offensively speaking. As of July 8.

Max, after a slowish start with the Wareham Gatemen in the prestigious Cape Cod League, is hitting 0.283 in over 100 plate appearances. Only one homer, but roughly equal Ks to BBs. Playing 3B, seems to have made no errors.

Brice, with the St. Cloud Rox in the North Woods League, is up to 0.327 on roughly 145 PAs, a near-0.500 OBP, with five homers. Has 31 Ks, but 28 BBs (also eight HBP). Three errors in 86 chances in field, that's an improvement the team will need.

Josh Caron, with 150-plus PAs for the Madison Mallards in the same North Woods League, is hitting 0.299 with six homers and 22 RBI. Also getting his share of BBs with 22 against 31 Ks.

Seeing Luke Sartori hitting 0.271 with the NWL's Kokomo Jackrabbits on over 100 PAs.

Garrett Anglim, with the Anchorage Bucs in the Alaska Baseball League, is batting 0.264, with 100 PAs. Two homers and 18 runs scored.

Got to watch Garrett last year in Hutchinson Kansas. Decent but nothing to indicate the kind year he would have for the Huskers.

Corbin Hawkins got shelled in his first start but that was against a Chaney team that is in first place in the Sunflower Conference and last I looked had seven or eight batters hitting 300+ in their lineup. Was a little shaky in his first inning in his next start but settled in and gave up just 2 or 3 runs in six innings. Seems like he may deal with some nerves early on as he struggles to find the zone but once he burns off that energy he throws a lot of quality strikes.

Haven’t seen Guthmiller yet as he is being used only in spot relief. I’m told he might be on a very tight pitch count due to some lingering soreness.

Corbin pitched tonight. Five innings, three hits, and zero runs allowed. Hutchinson is up 10 in the top of the sixth so no point in sending him back out.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back