• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2022 Spring Practice Thread; Wednesday 6 April Coaches Joseph, Fisher & 3-4 Players &

Sounds more like desperation. I’m not buying the youth communication gap. You are either the guy who can develop them or not. If you have to use an interpreter because we lured him away from retirement maybe it wasn’t the right hire.
Ohio State, Alabama, Clemson, Georgia or any other program that’s been on top doesn’t have to try new things. When your back is against the wall, and Frost’s certainly is you need to find every advantage. Finding a younger guy for this position, especially one who recently played at the same level is a very good move. I don’t see it as desperation.

And it could be. So if that is the case we now have someone doing on the job training serving as our bridge between our OC and the quarterbacks? I’ll say again….WTH.
You're pouring gas on a fire that isn't burning. Whipple is in a position at NU where he can have whatever he wants. He wants to work with his kid and feels his kid can help the program. Nothing more, nothing less.

I know that I “tend” to be one of the glass half full kind of fans. :thumbsup:

However, here are my thoughts about Whipple hiring his son and potential fan concerns about the meaning of the hiring…

mountain-molehill-1.jpg

Ohio State, Alabama, Clemson, Georgia or any other program that’s been on top doesn’t have to try new things. When your back is against the wall, and Frost’s certainly is you need to find every advantage. Finding a younger guy for this position, especially one who recently played at the same level is a very good move. I don’t see it as desperation.
Well this will be my last comment in this thread. I started this in response to what was posted by the op but dont want it derailed. I’ll only say it appears to me some in the fan base are eager to get away from what Nebraska’s long term needs are to being acceptable of what SFs short term needs are. For as much as everyone liked to claim that SF had to break down the MR culture and build up his own foundation it sure doesn’t seem like it worked. I guess we will see if the temporary quick desperation attempts work.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back