• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2022 Spring Practice Thread; Wednesday 6 April Coaches Joseph, Fisher & 3-4 Players &

Hope that kind of stuff gets cleaned up.
Actually a good dust up followed by just punishment can be good for a team. 1. It shows they care. 2. Group punishment brings a team together and brings the real leaders to the top.

There were many reported dust ups in 95. It is said that Christian Peter set a record for stairs run. A team showing emotion in practice is good. In a game not so much.

Actually a good dust up followed by just punishment can be good for a team. 1. It shows they care. 2. Group punishment brings a team together and brings the real leaders to the top.

There were many reported dust ups in 95. It is said that Christian Peter set a record for stairs run. A team showing emotion in practice is good. In a game not so much.
That part I can agree with! I hate there was late hit involved which started it and that's the stuff that loses ball games for you.

I know we can't go back to the 'way it was' but a little fire is not a bad thing, as long as when they are off the field they are cool with each other, a little piss and vinegar is not a bad thing. And no one gets hurt.
I had a brief conversation with J. Peter many years ago and he said that if there was practice without some sort of physical altercation, then you shouldn't be on the field. He indicated it happened often. I remember Frost once saying the one person you didn't mess with was J. Peter. I think he was correct.

Some highlights from the practices thus far

Hard to gather much, the clips flash quickly. One observation, indoor practices are shown more often than not, not an ideal venue to prepare for games. I tend to think it makes the team soft and unprepared to deal with outdoor elements come game time.

Last edited:
Yep, wa
Hard to gather much, the clips flash quickly. One obervation, indoor practices are shown more often than not, not an ideal venue to prepare for games. I tend to think it makes the team soft and unprepared to deal with outdoor elements come game time.
Yep, weather is nice enough to be outside

I think it is ridiculous to call it "spring ball" and have so many days off between practices. What does that accomplish? If consistency was an issue during the season and it surely was, doesn't it stand to reason that having consecutive days of practice would be a reasonable step forward to establishing badly needed consistency? Repetition retains and promotes consistency.
1647456104968.png

Come back in the Fall.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back