• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2022 Scholarship Numbers

So what happens if Nebraska adds more transfers but only a handful of guys decide to hit portal? for example say Nebraska adds 2 more transfers, but after spring ball only 5 guys decide to move on. If we are at 90 scholarship players after spring ball but need to be at 85 scholarships to start season, what happens to 5 of the players on scholarship? Can Nebraska revoke the scholarship? Or do they just keep those 5 guys off the official roster, but continue to pay for their school?

So what happens if Nebraska adds more transfers but only a handful of guys decide to hit portal? for example say Nebraska adds 2 more transfers, but after spring ball only 5 guys decide to move on. If we are at 90 scholarship players after spring ball but need to be at 85 scholarships to start season, what happens to 5 of the players on scholarship? Can Nebraska revoke the scholarship? Or do they just keep those 5 guys off the official roster, but continue to pay for their school?
They'll force them out if they have to. All they have to do is let someone know that they probably won't getting playing time and offer to help them find a new home. Medical redshirts is also a possibility if someone is hurt. They'll find ways, they always do. I could even see them delaying someone like Ty Hahn's scholarship.

Edit* What I mean by the Ty Hahn thing is that when he committed, he claimed that Frost promised him a scholarship for the "last three years" of his career. Originally that was supposed to be 2022-2024. But with having an extra covid year, he's still technically a redshirt freshman with 4 years left to play.

Last edited:

CB Dwight Bootle from Miami, FL becomes the 3rd commit in the 2023 class.

Last edited:
Nebraska flips WR Janiran Bonner (Ellenwood, GA) from Georgia Tech becoming the 18th commit of the 2022 class.

Last edited:
Thanks to TheOneders for compiling all this information so cleanly here.

There are going to have to be several departures, maybe as Spring practices shape up? I hope the casual fans understand that this won't mean there is unrest in Lincoln when a flurry of guys announce they're leaving.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back