• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2022 Omaha Area Recruits

Dumb comment after dumb comment...I see a trend here. BTW, the Jays have nothing to do with Omaha HS football players bleeding Husker Red. Goes great with calling a kid a “Pre Madonna” (LOL)
for wanting to go somewhere else.

But Dickerson and Johnson leaving both certainly have at least part to do with Frost and staff. I mean, he was the head coach behind the last 2 losing seasons, no? He was responsible for how the recruitment played out, no?
Never said there weren’t kids from omaha who bleed red. Just said id rather have the ones that do. Would Dickerson and Johnson have committed had we won more games last year? Who knows.

My comments are more aimed at the people pissed at Frost&Co for “letting in state talent get away” IMO kids are gonna go where they want regardless. If they really want to wear the N they will. I’ll admit i went too far with the “pre madonna” comment though. Bad judgement on my end.
So who did we decide pisses farther?

I’ll trade the smaller town/Lincoln kids who bleed red and love the program (Ethan Piper, Garrett Nelson, Nash Hutmacher, Isaac Gifford, Luke Reimer) over the Omaha Pre-Madonnas any day. You wanna be here or you dont.

Be nice if some coaches in the Omaha area would give Frost the benefit of the doubt as a young coach rather than pointing kids elsewhere and throwing him under the fire after just 2 years. Oh he didnt call and give an omaha HS heads up he was coming to campus to visit a kid? THE HORROR.

Didnt we beat God Send PJ Fleck in his second year by 50? I watched a lot of minnesota last year, talk about a fluke 10 win season. Squeaked by SDSU thanks to crap officiating, and literally played nobody in the Non-Con.

I dont see PJ Fluke sustaining success in Minny. And if youd rather send a player/son to iowa to play for D-Bag Kirk and son then so be it. It took Ferentz 25 years to build a consistent winner and hes close to retirement anyway. Me? Im riding with the Big Red through rain or shine.
There are kids in Omaha who bleed red and aren’t pre-Madonna’s as well as small towns and Lincoln.

Edit: sorry this was already pointed out

Last edited:
I’ll trade the smaller town/Lincoln kids who bleed red and love the program (Ethan Piper, Garrett Nelson, Nash Hutmacher, Isaac Gifford, Luke Reimer) over the Omaha Pre-Madonnas any day. You wanna be here or you dont.

Be nice if some coaches in the Omaha area would give Frost the benefit of the doubt as a young coach rather than pointing kids elsewhere and throwing him under the fire after just 2 years. Oh he didnt call and give an omaha HS heads up he was coming to campus to visit a kid? THE HORROR.

Didnt we beat God Send PJ Fleck in his second year by 50? I watched a lot of minnesota last year, talk about a fluke 10 win season. Squeaked by SDSU thanks to crap officiating, and literally played nobody in the Non-Con.

I dont see PJ Fluke sustaining success in Minny. And if youd rather send a player/son to iowa to play for D-Bag Kirk and son then so be it. It took Ferentz 25 years to build a consistent winner and hes close to retirement anyway. Me? Im riding with the Big Red through rain or shine.
Fant, Phillips, Stick, and many others are guys we probably would have liked to have on our squad. I do appreciate the sweeping statement tho.

The coaches I know can only compare what they see from Ferentz or other guys. It also doesn’t help that the kids can fact check what you say to them in about 30 seconds after you leave, so one of the things I’ve referenced was something a coach from Nebraska said directly to the kid so he formed his own conclusion there.

Prima Donna = Italian phrase that literally translates as "first woman," it is now associated with its usage as the common term given to the female lead in an opera. Since soprano starlets are infamous for being both talented and high-maintenance, it's commonly used as a pejorative for people with talent who are high-maintenance in other fields.

Pre-madonna = an illogical neologism created by people who phonetically guess at the spelling of "prima donna" without understanding either its origins or meaning; it makes no sense at any level, so don't use it if you want your words to carry more weight.

Last edited:
Prima Donna = Italian phrase that literally translates as "first woman," it is now associated with its usage as the common term given to the female lead in an opera. Since soprano starlets are infamous for being both talented and high-maintenance, it's commonly used as a pejorative for people with talent who are high-maintenance in other fields.

Pre-madonna = an illogical neologism created by people who phonetically guess at the spelling of "prima donna" without understanding either its origins or meaning; it makes no sense at any level, so don't use it if you want your words to carry more weight.
It makes a little sense if you're talking about before Madonna. She did help change music and pushed the limits of what was acceptable for main stream America in many ways.

It makes a little sense if you're talking about before Madonna. She did help change music and pushed the limits of what was acceptable for main stream America in many ways.
OK if there were a word Pre Madonna it would most likely not be about a washed up pop star. More likely it would be used Similar to BC as the original Madonna was Jesus mother.

the Virgin Mary.
  • a picture, statue, or medallion of the Madonna, typically depicted seated and holding the infant Jesus.
    noun: madonna; plural noun: madonnas

Sorry for the derail moving on

No Iowa is a surprise. I thought they were the leader. Gotta be good news for us. Location may help with COVID.

Iowa and Nebraska are bordering states. :thumbsup:

map-of-nebraska-and-iowa.jpg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back