• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2022 O Line, What Should We Expect?

I’ll add one more thing to my previous posts. I have nothing against Donovan. I really hope he works out because I have a very strong opinion that 70% of our offensive issues are on the line effectiveness. I’m not sure if it’s line play or scheme. When the right guard double teams the nose guard with the center and the tackle double teams the defensive end and the linebacker stuffs our running back three yards deep is that player or scheme?

If it’s scheme is the least experienced guy going to be able to overcome the scheme issues……especially the run game blocking when the head coach has passing tendencies, the offensive coordinator is known for a pass happy offense and we have a wide receivers coach who has a separate title as passing game coordinator

We will see but to @Red Reign when you said DR pay at the bears defied logic despite the reports……couldn’t you say the same about the DR hire here? The most important vacancy we needed to fill we went very questionable on.

Unfortunately I’m privy to some other rumors on it that totally pive me that I can’t state per rumor rule so I’m biased anyway.

First of all this post was not directed at you but the board as a whole

I am not asking you for anything

I am asking the opinion of the posters on this forum

If I were asking you I would have asked you directly

If I were moderating you would know it because it would directed at you

Bottom line the post you quoted had nothing to do with you at all

I am simply asking other posters if they are buying the $15 an hour thing as stated by the guy in the article?

You did not state it he did

Bottom line is I am not buying what he is selling and laid out an argument including what Interns are paid etc etc

Bottom line is there is no evidence that I can find that backs his claims. None

It just defies logic to me

Which was why I asked the board as a whole am I missing something?

You can believe what you want and are entitled to your opinion that's cool and I respect thst

Bottom line I was questioning the article not you which I thought was obvious the way I wrote it

As I wrote "Does anyone really believe"

Cheers
Not for second do I believe he was offered 15 bucks an hour regardless of what's claimed. Kreutz isn't the most stable invididual imo. He got fired by NBC Chicago Sports after several years for punching one of his fellow fellow employees in the face. He apologized but the damage was done. His statement about the incident was infantile to say the least. As I understand he was being offered a coaching job as an OUTSIDE CONTACTOR with the Bears which I'm not sure how that works in the NFL? He's had several other controversies in his carrer especially with New Orleans.

Bottom line he doesn't appear to have a lot of credibility imo except he was a hell of player. On the other hand so was Richie Incognito but I wouldn't put a lot of stock in what he says. I really don't care what DR was making before coming to Nebraska long as he gets it done.

Not for second do I believe he was offered 15 bucks an hour regardless of what's claimed. Kreutz isn't the most stable invididual imo. He got fired by NBC Chicago Sports after several years for punching one of his fellow fellow employees in the face. He apologized but the damage was done. His statement about the incident was infantile to say the least. As I understand he was being offered a coaching job as an OUTSIDE CONTACTOR with the Bears which I'm not sure how that works in the NFL? He's had several other controversies in his carrer especially with New Orleans.

Bottom line he doesn't appear to have a lot of credibility imo except he was a hell of player. On the other hand so was Richie Incognito but I wouldn't put a lot of stock in what he says. I really don't care what DR was making before coming to Nebraska long as he gets it done.
This^^

Like I linked, 2nd best in the Big in total offense.
We gel, clean up stupid penalties and just get good play out of our tackles, we will score more, eat more time, leave less time and fewer plays for our D.

I havent checked, but I'd guess Pitts TOP was better than ours and they threw the ball a lot more.

We just need the experience Whip brings for much of the above, and our O line now has a chance at being the aggressor, that alone should help.
I'm sure Coach Whip will let him know if his line sucks, having that alone will help.

We know DR has gone the proper route in coaching.
Kreutz story, true or not would allow for some sort of line jumping without any of the bonafides DR has and brings.
Heres what I found on Kreutz

0*RPUxnwFT08KLyCzH.

Thanks for the additional information

Makes even more sense now

My opinion. Ok I can believe he was hired at that rate. Minimum wage was more than he made at most all his other positions. He was a line coach at a high school. He would have been unlikely to have made $15 an hour. Then he served as an intern at Hawaii and a graduate assistant at Notre Dame making little or nothing. Then he went on to a position at Aurora University. Division III. Pretty

sure pay was low. Doesn’t surprise me one bit that a $15 an hour wage from the bears was on average more an hour than his previous average wage the 6 years prior.
I take it as Frost had no other credible options to hire so he had to roll the dice with Raiola. I would imagine that firing Austin was one of the first things that Alberts insisted on. The fan base and boosters probably wanted Austin out.

Get those tackles even up to average we will do fine. The run game should be good,only question mark is at tackle holding that end open

I take it as Frost had no other credible options to hire so he had to roll the dice with Raiola. I would imagine that firing Austin was one of the first things that Alberts insisted on. The fan base and boosters probably wanted Austin out.
I’ll call this “my opinion”. I believe Scott frost did have other options. One successful high profile one who wanted more than we wanted to pay.

Also my understanding is Trev didn’t require any firings. I have said this several times. I give SF a lot of credit for initiating the turnover with no demands from Trev

I’ve got to hope that the coaching was terrible and holding us back rather than the talent. Our line was borderline rotten last year but we still lost our best lineman to the draft, one to a suspension, and two are coming off injury. Mix in a quarterback that doesn’t appear to be as elusive and that could be the recipe for a very difficult season. If it was not a coaching issue but a talent issue, we are in big trouble.
Casey Thompson is right there speed and acceleration wise as Martinez

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back