• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2022 MLB Season Discussion Thread

Cheaters

Aside baseball, Houston=Space City. I know Space Center in Houston but why? NASA rocket launch was Cape Canaveral or sometimes, Vandenburg AFB (California)

Famous quote: "Houston, we have a problem" (Apollo 13)​
Though ESA Mission Control is in Germany ..... rocket launch, French Guiana

Last edited:

.... from Washington Nats

Harper usually DH. Didn't really pay attention in NL rules but I know no DH in recent NL history. 2022 experiment NL rules or permanently ??

Anyhow I don't like new extra-inning rule in regular schedule. I hate it.

Harper was injured midseason and missed a couple months. He was able to return late in the season, but isn't yet able to play outfield.

5 homers in 5 innings tonight for the Phillies. World Series Record.

17 homers at home this postseason. World Series Record for an NL park (this is only the 6th home game, as they've been the road team in ever series).

Phillies have yet to lose at home.

Last edited:

I could go on and on about how unbelievable (I mean, truly unbelievable/improbable) this run for the Phillies has been. At some point, I may very well. ;)

As someone who lived in Philadelphia for 12 years, I can guarantee you that city is loving this team as much as any team ever.

Last edited:
Right after the first inning tonight, I felt it was over. Top of the 1st was effortless, with a couple of great defensive plays. Ranger Suarez looked like his typical calm as a cucumber self. Bottom of the1st, Harper hits a no-doubter that sends the place into a frenzy. Everything was clicking tonight for the Phillies. Almost too easy, which may concern me. But in that ballpark -- with that fan base -- you'd have to be quite bold to bet against Philadelphia.

Game 4 is an absolute must-win for Houston.

Last edited:

Seeing Tug McGraw there brought back memories, loved watching him pitch and copied his walk to the dug out in little league.

His son is there. Tug passed away in 2004 from brain cancer. Though if I missed seeing the Phillies are using Tug's corpse for inspiration, that may explain how well they've played. :Biggrin:

Bases loaded for Houston in the 5th with no outs. This is as good of an opportunity for the Astros as they've had in quite a while. And Javier is dominating on the mound.

His son is there. Tug passed away in 2004 from brain cancer. Though if I missed seeing the Phillies are using Tug's corpse for inspiration, that may explain how well they've played. :Biggrin:
Oh wow, I forgot he had passed and just caught the glimpse with his name. I did think he looked really young for his age.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back