• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2022 MLB Season Discussion Thread

The Phillies were the only winner from the wild card round to win game one of the NLDS. The rested team, playing at home, going with their #1 starter while the road team goes with their #3 is a big advantage, but Philly overcame it.

I've enjoyed watching the Phillies in the postseason. Some great defense, big pitches when needed, manufacturing runs with singles, walks, and sacrifices.

Must-win today for the Braves, going with their 21-game winner, Kyle Wright. Phillies will have Wheeler on the mound, after holding the Cards scoreless in the previous series. Regardless of what happens today, the scene when the series moves to Philadelphia Friday night will be nuts.

Phillies!

Unbelievable.

Almost every button they've pushed was successful. They are playing the best they have all season at the right time.

And what a great atmosphere. Citizen's Bank Park was rocking.

Last edited:
So I was completely right about the Dodgers, they had never been more beatable, at least recently. San Diego exposed that. I was also completely wrong about the Mets, lol.

Hopefully Cleveland can finish off the Yankees. I think they have to find a way to beat Cole tonight. Quantrill will need to deal some innings and at least pass it to the bullpen without being down by more than one run. Preferably, I’d like to keep the Trashstros and the Yankees out of the World Series.

Padres. Guardians. Phillies. I can accept any of these teams hoisting the trophy. I don’t even want to think about the Yankees and Astros winning it.

Who wins tonight?
I’m going to guess that Framber Valdez doesn’t issue many walks tonight. He also won’t let Stanton and Judge tee off as he doesn’t give up many home runs. Also, this is the first lefty starter the Yanks have seen this postseason. Yankees are 0-5 straight up in Severino’s last five road starts against a team with a winning record.

Give me Houston tonight.

I'm ashamed to admit I'm so emotionally invested in the Phillies right now, I'm paying minimal attention to the Yanks-Stros.

However, this is why Philadelphia went up 2-1 over the Padres tonight:

Last edited:

The Phillies are postseason magic. I still don't know how they got here. No one predicted any postseason for Philadelphia. It's just a blessed sports town right now. Sure hope they can wrap it up in game 5, as it'll be anyone's series if it goes back to San Diego.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back