• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2022 MLB Season Discussion Thread

9-DC659-AD-BA14-4-ED0-8680-4568-F0-DFDEA4.jpg

Padres make huge trades. Soto, Tavis, Machado, Bell is a scary core.

Thank God Braves didn't trade for Gallo.

Also I am a big believer in the Braves strategy of signing young players before their contracts are up. Albies, then Acuna, and now Riley are all secured well into the future at hugely reduced prices because they signed them to extension before their existing contract expired. It might be short sighted by the players and their agents, but I do think players appreciate a franchise rewarding them early and putting faith in them.

Padres make huge trades. Soto, Tavis, Machado, Bell is a scary core.

Thank God Braves didn't trade for Gallo.

Also I am a big believer in the Braves strategy of signing young players before their contracts are up. Albies, then Acuna, and now Riley are all secured well into the future at hugely reduced prices because they signed them to extension before their existing contract expired. It might be short sighted by the players and their agents, but I do think players appreciate a franchise rewarding them early and putting faith in them.
Padres are all in. It appears they have a 2.5 year window to win some hardware. They have the hitting, so they have the pitching?

Twins made some quiet moves that give them some teeth. Orioles fans are big mad but that’s the right move. I’m two years, they are going to be a good team. They never had the horses to compete this year, especially down the stretch.

Seems like a lot to give up for the Padres to play a one game playoff. Lose, and the season is over. They aren’t winning the division.

Padres are all in. It appears they have a 2.5 year window to win some hardware. They have the hitting, so they have the pitching?

Twins made some quiet moves that give them some teeth. Orioles fans are big mad but that’s the right move. I’m two years, they are going to be a good team. They never had the horses to compete this year, especially down the stretch.
I completely agree about the O's. The Padres are in a hell of a position going all in when they may well be a wildcard team and advancing thru the NL bracket without homefield is a tall task.

I have to admit I thought the Bravos would have caught the Mets already but the Mets have done a good job holding them off. Each Mets-Braves series the rest of the year is basically playoff baseball. Then you add on a Phillies team that is sneaky good without Bryce and the NL East is razor close. Glad to see that DeGrom comes back and instantly gets no run support. The more things change the more they stay the same.

Baltimore is being highly criticized for not receiving nearly enough value in trades for the players they gave up. I totally believe they needed to make the trades to start building -- but they should have gotten more.

Last edited:
Not many teams go from the top to the bottom as quickly as the Nationals. 2019 World Series Champs to 100% rebuild.

That's made for some key opportunities for the Phillies in their current 4-game weekend series against the Nats. The Phillies keep hanging in there. Getting healthier ... Segura returned, and Harper may be back before the end of the month. I also like what Philadelphia did in trades. Syndergaard and David Robertson were solid additions. Neither are who they once were, but both improve the pitching staff.

Since June 1st, the three teams with the best records in baseball are:

1. Dodgers
2. Braves
3. Phillies

The first two aren't surprising. The third team is (unless you listen to me jabber enough lol). I've never seen such a stark contrast in a team when a manager is fired midseason.

Not many teams go from the top to the bottom as quickly as the Nationals. 2019 World Series Champs to 100% rebuild.

That's made for some key opportunities for the Phillies in their current 4-game weekend series against the Nats. The Phillies keep hanging in there. Getting healthier ... Segura returned, and Harper may be back before the end of the month. I also like what Philadelphia did in trades. Syndergaard and David Robertson were solid additions. Neither are who they once were, but both improve the pitching staff.

The Kansas City Royals would like to say hello. :thumbsup:

Sluggerrr-Kansas-City-Royals-Mascot-featured.jpg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back