• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2022 MLB Season Discussion Thread

HuskerWeatherman

Feral Cat
20 Year Member
I figured I should start this thread -- see if anyone is interested in the occasional Major League banter.

I'll start with this oddity.

Alec Bohm (native Nebraska) was (is?) supposed to be the Phillies future at third. However, he really struggled in his first full year in that role last season. So he came into this season knowing he'd have to fight to keep his job. Thus far, he's continued to struggle -- highlighted by 3 errors Monday night. Out of frustration in the postgame, Bohm exclaimed, "I f---ing hate this place!"

So how would Philly sports fans respond in his first AB last night following Monday night's tirade? Not at all what I expected (and I lived in Philly for 12 years). I thought there would be a clear mix of boos and cheers (maybe mostly boos). There may have been a distant smattering of boos initially, but quickly drowned out by the cheers. Crazy.

Last edited:
I'm also astonished that he wasn't lustily booed. I've always thought Philadelphia is one of the great sports cities in the U.S., fans demand performance which doesn't bother me.

Braves are still finding their footing. But I think they have a real shot at repeating. On paper this team is better than last year. Which is crazy to say after losing the face of the franchise.

I'm also astonished that he wasn't lustily booed. I've always thought Philadelphia is one of the great sports cities in the U.S., fans demand performance which doesn't bother me.

Braves are still finding their footing. But I think they have a real shot at repeating. On paper this team is better than last year. Which is crazy to say after losing the face of the franchise.

ATL definitely has more talent at more positions than any other team in the NL East.

The Phillies don't have the rotation to contend. They overachieved last season to hang in until the end, but I don't see that happening again.

Byron Buxton is a helluva player -- when he's healthy (which isn't often).

He has 38 homers in his last 110 games.

If Buxton could somehow play 140 games, he'd been in the MVP discussion. Not likely.

Getting to look like a 2-team race in the NL West, once more.
Maybe, if the Giants and Dodgers have another playoff for the
NL West crown, we won't have any umpires that fail to pay full
attention at all times.

If you don't know what I mean, the last out of the playoffs came
off a call from the 1st base ump, who called strike three on a
perfect check swing.. Even the commentators were shocked by
the egregious call; the bat never passed half of the plate.

Whining? You bet! That call was totally egregious. The ump was
not paying attention, period! Hopefully, he was demoted to
umpiring junior high school baseball.

This tells it all:
Near the end of the umpires’ interview Thursday night, Barrett was asked if Morales made the right call. He answered, “Yeah, no, we, yeah, yeah, he doesn’t want to say.”

Wow. Nothing like getting straight to the heart of things. In fairness, from what we can gather, that comment looks worse than it sounded — not to be confused with the call itself. That looks worse every time you watch it.

Last edited:

NYC baseball is scorching hot right now. Braves do not look like a defending championship team. Lotta season left but they have been a middling team and have a middling record.

Yeah, I'm surprised by the Braves -- bottom third of the majors in both team batting average and team ERA thus far. But I think they are too good to not turn it around. And of course, Acuna is back.

The Mets look like the real deal. They underachieved badly last season, but seem to have left that behind.

My Phillies simply don't have the arms to compete.

I love what the Marlins have built -- only to trade it away eventually.

The Phillies have been crushing the Dodgers in LA this weekend. 4-game series -- have won the first three. They've scored 29 runs in the first three games!

And Bryce Harper -- wow! I see he's now the #1 player in fantasy. Last three games against the Dodgers: 8 extra base hits, 3 homers, 8 RBIs. This is Harper's 11th season in the majors -- and he's still only 29 years of age.

I still doubt the Phillies have the pitching to truly contend but beating up on the Dodgers will always win my heart.

Last edited:

Bryce Harper is on an incredible hot streak. In his last nine games, the reigning National League MVP is slashing .500/.537/1.111 with five home runs, 12 RBIs and a six-game hitting streak.

And he’s doing it all with a small tear in his right UCL. He won’t be in the lineup for Sunday’s series finale against Los Angeles as he is scheduled to receive a platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injection in his right elbow. He could miss Tuesday’s game against the San Diego Padres in Philadelphia as well, according to Alex Coffey of the Philadelphia Inquirer.

It’s hard to say what’s more incredible: the fact that Harper is still producing at an elite level despite the injury or that he has six nine-game stretches in his career that are more or equally impressive than the one that he’s currently on right now.

“Feels like he’s the best player in the world,” Turner told The Athletic’s Fabian Ardaya.

Last edited:

My White Sox are stumbling around and playing sloppy baseball for the most part so I don't have much to shout about at this time. I really thought they would come out and take charge early in the season but alas, no such luck. On the positive side however, even as bad as they have played, they are only 3 games back of the Twins at the moment. Getting Jimenez and Lynn back and getting Giolito healthy hopefully will have this team clicking on all cylinders before too much longer.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back