• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2022 MLB Season Discussion Thread

Electric post season run for the Phillies. I think the stros advance from the AL and are the better team but the Phils are hot and there's nothing scarier in October than a hot team.

It's still unbelievable to me.

The Phillies have been the underdog for three series now, but they haven't had to sweat any series thus far.

Electric post season run for the Phillies. I think the stros advance from the AL and are the better team but the Phils are hot and there's nothing scarier in October than a hot team.

The Phillies have been the underdog for three series now. Yet, they've won each series convincingly. I can't imagine doing the same to the Astros, but somehow the Phillies are here.

The Phillies have been the underdog for three series now. Yet, they've won each series convincingly. I can't imagine doing the same to the Astros, but somehow the Phillies are here.
Congrats !!

Houston advanced to the World Series, finishing a four-game sweep of $Yankees$. AL championship series, unheralded MVP IMO, RP Ryan Pressly ..... 3 saves, no hits, one walk and 6 K's.

Last edited:
Hey @HuskerWeatherman , forecast .... Mon. October 31, Tue. November 1 and Wed. November 2 ?? (at Philadelphia)

Sometimes, very cold in northern states. Even snow or freezing rain.

Last edited:

I'm guessing I'm the only Astros fan that lives in Houston. Hope it goes 7 games with a Astros win. The fanatic was on the radio today..my favorite. He said Philly will be insane games 345

I'm guessing I'm the only Astros fan that lives in Houston. Hope it goes 7 games with a Astros win. The fanatic was on the radio today..my favorite. He said Philly will be insane games 345

Indeed, Philly will be insane for games 3-5! It's been the best home atmosphere this postseason. Game 3 -- Halloween in Philly!

I'm in awe with the Phillies grit in that huge comeback tonight. Every single series, they'd played with an incredible level of confidence. Somehow, the Phillies always make the biggest hits, biggest defensive plays, and biggest pitches. Heck, they've now won game one of all four series on the road -- that's huge!

I'd say a lot more, but I don't want to jinx my team. :Lol:

Go Phillies!

This stat blows me away: Justin Verlander is winless in eight career World Series starts (0-6 with a 6.07 ERA).

Last edited:
Indeed, Philly will be insane for games 3-5! It's been the best home atmosphere this postseason. Game 3 -- Halloween in Philly!

I'm in awe with the Phillies grit in that huge comeback tonight. Every single series, they'd played with an incredible level of confidence. Somehow, the Phillies always make the biggest hits, biggest defensive plays, and biggest pitches. Heck, they've now won game one of all four series on the road -- that's huge!

I'd say a lot more, but I don't want to jinx my team. :Lol:

Go Phillies!
Destiny !!

Anyhow, Minute Maid park used to be berm inside center field fence. And flag pole in play !! Kinda neat ..... unique

Trivia: Justin Verlander and Max Scherzer (both likely HOF) used to be team mates .... Detroit Tigers.

Last edited:

I was not sitting down. :Lol:

That's why Philly signed Harper -- and he's playing like an MVP for sure.
.... from Washington Nats

Harper usually DH. Didn't really pay attention in NL rules but I know no DH in recent NL history. 2022 experiment NL rules or permanently ??

Anyhow I don't like new extra-inning rule in regular schedule. I hate it.

Congrats !!

Houston advanced to the World Series, finishing a four-game sweep of $Yankees$. AL championship series, unheralded MVP IMO, RP Ryan Pressly ..... 3 saves, no hits, one walk and 6 K's.
Cheaters

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back