• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2022 DT Hunter Deyo

Not to insult your intelligence but Wisconsin isn’t 51 miles down the road. Nebraska’s staff has been to that school A LOT and I’m sure they have talked to Hunter many times. And with any intelligent person, you can feel someone out with just a conversation or two. I’ll go out on a limb and say he doesn’t go to Wisconsin.
Not sure if they were allowed to talk to him in person before the dead period kicked in because he was just a sophomore. LC shutdown in March. So i doubt they’ve had lots of conversations with him. If I remember correctly when all the coaches were showing up at Fidone’s basketball games they weren’t allowed to speak directly to him.

Oh he can still peer recruit him while talking to the coaches
Makes it tough. What’s Fidone to say? Hey buddy, come to Nebraska! Let’s do this thing together! And Deyo says, I would love to consider it if I only had an offer.

Short conversation.

I’m thinking there must be a reason we haven’t offered. Maybe they have talked to him and he’s not interested??? Maybe Fidone has told the coaches that Deyo has no interest in Nebraska??? I’m not sure why we haven’t offered but it sure seems odd.

Makes it tough. What’s Fidone to say? Hey buddy, come to Nebraska! Let’s do this thing together! And Deyo says, I would love to consider it if I only had an offer.

Short conversation.

I’m thinking there must be a reason we haven’t offered. Maybe they have talked to him and he’s not interested??? Maybe Fidone has told the coaches that Deyo has no interest in Nebraska??? I’m not sure why we haven’t offered but it sure seems odd.

Could be academics too

Or maybe his heart is set on Iowa or Iowa State

Could be academics too

Or maybe his heart is set on Iowa or Iowa State
Until NU starts winning some games and shows that it can do something with its' top twenty classes why would our close/instate kids want to go to Lincoln?
Let's face it, we have a mess in Lincoln. I can offer some suggestions, but they all involve change, a great deal of change. How I wish it were not so. GBR

Until NU starts winning some games and shows that it can do something with its' top twenty classes why would our close/instate kids want to go to Lincoln?
Let's face it, we have a mess in Lincoln. I can offer some suggestions, but they all involve change, a great deal of change. How I wish it were not so. GBR

Let me go ask Fidone, Prochzeka and Carnie....

Perhaps Matt Campbell & the clones... but how anyone would want to play for the racist bully ditch chickens escapes me.

Fidone
Prochaska
Kpai
Lutovsky
Carnie
Rollins
Malcom
Haarberg
Bretz

That looks to be a pretty decent core group ... and, others would infer that our recruiting is simply 'chopped liver.'
Just pointing out that some top prospects still want to go to Lincoln. Some do. Some don’t. I do think we’re going to have to have a minimum of a .500 season if not better to keep the recruiting momentum going. But to say our staff doesn’t have skilled recruiters or can’t recruit close to home is just a lie. Period. I think we have to remember that a good portion of Nebraskans live or come from the Omaha area, so there are many fans who get particularly perturbed when Omaha kids don’t end up N. I get it. And I get the desire to land in state kids. I prefer it too. But we’re not going to get them all. And honestly, given the poor performance on the field so far, I think the staff has recruited over their heads. I didn’t expect to have as good of a class as we just landed. So, imo we can stop with the staff can’t recruit crap. It’s BS. Recruiting isn’t the problem. Lack of winning is the problem. Solve that issue and recruiting should only get even better.

Just pointing out that some top prospects still want to go to Lincoln. Some do. Some don’t. I do think we’re going to have to have a minimum of a .500 season if not better to keep the recruiting momentum going. But to say our staff doesn’t have skilled recruiters or can’t recruit close to home is just a lie. Period. I think we have to remember that a good portion of Nebraskans live or come from the Omaha area, so there are many fans who get particularly perturbed when Omaha kids don’t end up N. I get it. And I get the desire to land in state kids. I prefer it too. But we’re not going to get them all. And honestly, given the poor performance on the field so far, I think the staff has recruited over their heads. I didn’t expect to have as good of a class as we just landed. So, imo we can stop with the staff can’t recruit crap. It’s BS. Recruiting isn’t the problem. Lack of winning is the problem. Solve that issue and recruiting should only get even better.

Agree with the winning part

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back